Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LB Newham 52M
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
liffey
Could we have some help please.

My husband was using my car to drive his friend (a central heating engineer) to my grandmother's house to fix her boiler and went down this road. He didn't see the sign at the time (he went back later to check for one) but we did receive a warning letter at the end of January about the prohibition. The letter said that the scheme was in place for six months from August 2019 and it being the end of January we pretty much forgot about it.

Is there any way for us to challenge it?

cp8759
As you might imagine, not seeing the signs is irrelevant if they were there to be seen. Nobody has been able to come up with a viable challenge at this location as the signage is pretty good to be honest.
liffey
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 6 Apr 2020 - 08:54) *
As you might imagine, not seeing the signs is irrelevant if they were there to be seen. Nobody has been able to come up with a viable challenge at this location as the signage is pretty good to be honest.

That’s a shame, but thanks for your input.

I forgot to add to my original post that the PCN wasn’t delivered until 31 March despite being dated 25 March. I’ve kept the envelope but it’s the prepaid kind. Is that something we can use?
stamfordman
Do you have the warning letter?
liffey
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 7 Apr 2020 - 09:08) *
Do you have the warning letter?

Yes I do, I will scan it on
liffey

liffey
Any thoughts on the warning letter please?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (liffey @ Tue, 7 Apr 2020 - 17:46) *

No one has cone up with an argument re PCN's issued at this location to date the PCN is correct and signage adequate. The warning letter was a courtesy and it was ignored my advice pay the discount and get a grip on hubby he gets to many PCN's
stamfordman
Well it does say it is pilot running for 6 months. But you must act on the signs in place. As you knew about this scheme I would have thought you'd steer clear while the signs were up. You can try of course - they have caused confusion as these schemes are usually run for an experimental 18 months and by pilot I think they mean a period of evaluation, not live running, which I expect is 18 months til they have to make another TMO.
liffey
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 7 Apr 2020 - 18:02) *
QUOTE (liffey @ Tue, 7 Apr 2020 - 17:46) *

No one has cone up with an argument re PCN's issued at this location to date the PCN is correct and signage adequate. The warning letter was a courtesy and it was ignored my advice pay the discount and get a grip on hubby he gets to many PCN's

Thank you. And yes if only I could!

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 7 Apr 2020 - 18:08) *
Well it does say it is pilot running for 6 months. But you must act on the signs in place. As you knew about this scheme I would have thought you'd steer clear while the signs were up. You can try of course - they have caused confusion as these schemes are usually run for an experimental 18 months and by pilot I think they mean a period of evaluation, not live running, which I expect is 18 months til they have to make another TMO.

Thank you. I don’t like our chances with Newham so I’ll just pay it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.