Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help me, newbie in trouble
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jordee
Hi,

I can't fill ou the NIP wizard as I dont have the paper work in front of me, but i need some advice as best as you guys can.

Around a month ago I was caught doing 78mph in a 40 zone. the 40 zone was a 70mph dual carriage way undergoing roadworks. The road workers had lifted the cones off of the carriageway, so I wrongly assumed that the sign posts by the side fo the road, indicating the lower speed, didnt count.

I was zapped by a man in a van and forwarded a "3 points and £60 fine" offer, which i could accept or reject in favour of a court hearing. I of course accepted immediately. The offer did suggest that this was the maximum punishment for this particular road.

I have since been sent a NIP informing me I will be summonsed to court at some point in the future to answer my charge of excessive speed.

My frustration is that I thought this uncomfortable experience was over, and now I find that the conditional offer has somehow been revoked, which has started the whole thing over again.

Somebody please help me, any indication of likely punishment would also be (regretfully) important.

Cheers guys...
crystal
Hi,

To get meaningful advice it is important to do the NIP wizard and to detail exactly what has been sent and recieved between you and the scammera. The COPF are not vaild if you have 9 point or than a set amount over the limit (which you were). 30 over the limit is a very possible short ban.
If you can scan, remove identifing details and post the summons and we wil see what we can do. In the meantime try not to talk tothe scammeras

Regards
Crystal
Peter_D
Confused. You say you had a FPN before the NIP. That's not right, are you sure the two offences are for the same time and place. It is not normal to recieve a FPN without a NIP unless you received a verbal NIP which means you where stopped at the scene, neither is it normal to have a NIP and a summons together.

Get your facts straight and together, complete all the Wizard details and post back her.

Regards Peter
jordee
Timeline of events

1. Speeding On Dual Carriageway
2. Caught by Van Man
3. FPN
4. FPN responded to
5. NIP
6. * This is where I am at now, no summons as yet, just a warning of one.
crystal
Hi,

Are you sure you got 2 FPN (Fixed penatly notices) did they arrive by post ?

You should have got a NIP (notice of Inteneded prosecution/ S172) then a Condtional offer of a fixed penatly.
You say youresponsed to a FPN how ?

Regards
Crystal
jordee
As far as I was aware the first notification I received was a COFP ( this was the form asking me if I was the driver etc, and could I confirm my driving license number and did i want to dispute the charge).

I responded with all the relevant details to this, and have now received a letter saying that they intend to take me to court, and I will receive a summons in due course.

I just wanted to pay the penalty and learn my lesson, and now it looks like I'm going to be banned, despite not having any points on my license or even ever having received a parking ticket.
Rallyman72
QUOTE (jordee @ Fri, 11 Aug 2006 - 11:34) *
As far as I was aware the first notification I received was a COFP ( this was the form asking me if I was the driver etc, and could I confirm my driving license number and did i want to dispute the charge).

I responded with all the relevant details to this, and have now received a letter saying that they intend to take me to court, and I will receive a summons in due course.

I just wanted to pay the penalty and learn my lesson, and now it looks like I'm going to be banned, despite not having any points on my license or even ever having received a parking ticket.

I believe the first form you had was a NIP - if you completed this you have admitted to being the driver. what you have now received is a letter (I assume) putting you on notice that they cannot issue a COFP for the speed that you were doing and that you will, in due course, receive a summons.

Can you scan what documents you have, remove all personal details, and then post them on here so that we can confirm this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.