Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No return in x hours
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
johnjames
In pay and display car parks should it display 'return prohibited withn 'x' hours?
Have found people getting tickets for this reason even though it does not state this.
It does state you can call a number and check on the details regarding that car park.

IMHO I think it should or is the Council being a law to itself again?
DW190
QUOTE (johnjames @ Thu, 10 Aug 2006 - 19:42) *
In pay and display car parks should it display 'return prohibited withn 'x' hours?
Have found people getting tickets for this reason even though it does not state this.
It does state you can call a number and check on the details regarding that car park.

IMHO I think it should or is the Council being a law to itself again?

I understand the terms of parking should be displayed on a rather large board near to the paypoint.
Teufel
if it doesnt state it clearly or resonably then it cannot be enforced

if DecrimPE

patas cooper v richmond
patas baldon v westminster

if contract then temris not included in parking contract
(shoe lane parking case)
johnjames
Does not say anything about non return at all! Just terms and conditions can be viewed at XX is council car park.
Says about parking in bays and thats about it!
Ticket already paid so heading for the small claims court if they do not stump up!
Doing this 4 free 4 member of public but going to claim my costs against the Council that's if they do not end up paying the whole lot back under the writ served on them!
John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.