Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP - ALEDGED 101 MPH ON THE M1 PLUS INTERESTING TWIST
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
bondbug
Hi Guys and Gals

The facts: Sister (clean driving licence) driving with 3 young children in car when stopped allegidly doing 101 on the M1. She refused to get out and view video in back of police car as this meant leaving 3 frightened kids alone in car in the most dangerous place on a motorway, the hard shoulder (she did offer to drive to a more safe place such as a service station, but they refused). Policeman (narked) handed her an incomplete NIP (in that he had not ticked the box stating what the alledged offence was). This was in Oct. Received summons to court today for hearing early Apr. Summons does allow guilty plea by post (which suprised me as I understood all cases over 100 mph required attendance in court). Any help/advice most appredciated. Thanks
Glacier
Defective NIP. No case to answer i would think. Did the officer issue a verbal NIP?
bondbug
Thanks, but I am sure he would have at the time he handed her the NIP.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (bondbug)
Thanks, but I am sure he would have at the time he handed her the NIP.

If he gave her a verbal one at the time, there is no requirement for a written one to be issued. Even if he didn't, he'll just lie and say he did.
bondbug
Just confirmed he cautioned her at the time of handing over the nip. So, any ideas......
Mika
bondbug,

The fact that your sister has not been required to attend court does not necessarily mean that the magistrates will not consider disqualification. If they do decide to disqualify her, the court will probably write and request her presence at some later date.

If she thinks she was travelling at 101 mph, she may wish to pleads guilty with mitigation. However, if she does not think that she was not travelling at the alleged speed, we should be able to calculate the true speed of her vehicle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.