Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN (by post) received for stopping within bus stop marking while making donation to charity shop!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Joey Yaris
Stopped for literally 2 minutes within the boundary markings of a bus stop. Note: nowhere near the actual bus stop itself which was at least another 12 metres in front of me! No bus came during the time I was stopped so did not obstruct anyone. Merely dropped off some items to a charity shop and was not away from the vehicle for more than a few seconds at any time. Received postal PCN 16 days later! (out of time?) Outraged! Want to appeal but I think I know what the council will say despite the fact that I was actually only stopped to carry out a good deed! I know they won't give a ****. It's all about revenue raising! Also no CCTV signage in the area whatsoever, not even on the pole that has the camera, which by the way was over 200m away!
paulajayne
"It's all about revenue raising"

No it's about you stopping where you should not have.

In certain circumstances they may cancel the PCN - medical emergency, RTA etc. but dropping items into a shop will not be one of them.
stamfordman
Post the PCN and council pics and video.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited.

Put videos on Youtube, Vimeo or such like.
Joey Yaris
QUOTE (paulajayne @ Wed, 12 Feb 2020 - 16:45) *
"It's all about revenue raising"

No it's about you stopping where you should not have.

In certain circumstances they may cancel the PCN - medical emergency, RTA etc. but dropping items into a shop will not be one of them.

It IS more to do with revenue raising rather than being fair and using discretion. Had it been a CEO on the street he(or she) wouldn't have even had the chance to write out a ticket as I was not away from the vehicle for more than a few seconds! Cameras are deliberately put up (and a lot of them very discretely and not signed in anyway) in order just to catch people making the slightest and completely harmless indiscretion [being caught in a yellow junction box for a matter of seconds for instance] - how does that justify a penalty which is the equivalent of a whole days pay for some people! Cameras are used as cash cows, no doubt about it. There is no other way that any of these minor indiscretions would otherwise ever be seen! Cameras these days are the modern equivalent of highway robbery, only this time it's legal!! If dick Turpin were alive today he would work for the council in their CCTV department!
hcandersen
If I write what your previous comments deserve then we'd get distracted from a professional approach to your plight.

So, more docs, videos and notices pl and let's park your thoughts on enforcement.
Incandescent
+1
OP, just accept that you are bang-to-rights. The contravention is "No Stopping", not "No Waiting" so a PCN can be issued if you stop for 5 seconds. Why didn't you stop on a yellow line as then you would have been able to claim the loading exemption. Unlike others, I do agree that revenue raising from motorists is a major part of council activities, but until the law is changed to make it much harder for them, you will just have to accept the situation and be careful who you vote for.
cp8759
Joey Yaris you need to focus on what you want to achieve. If you just wanted to have a bit of a rant, mission accomplished. If you want some constructive legal advice, post the documents and the video as we've requested. Use an external site like imgur.com or imgbb.com for the images, and youtube or vimeo for the video.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.