Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong registration mark on Council PCN Scotland
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Lewdboy
As mentioned, I was issued with a PCN in Scotland for parking on a double yellow. One digit of my registration mark is wrong on the ticket. All other details are correct.

Is this getting binned or cancelled?
John U.K.
Wrong reg mark on PCN is normally fatal to the PCN (Council cannot re-issue).

Usual advice and questions (but this is Scotland - wait for others to chip in) -

1) Was this PCN found on the vehicle?

2) What was the wrong digit/letter? ( '1'/'I' or '0'/'O' can be problematic)

3) Check if the reg.mark (as printed on PCN) is currently in use. https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

4) To save the owner of the printed matk's vehicle grief and hassle send a copy of the PCN to Council with an anonymous covering note along the lines of I recently found this PCN on my vehicle. As the reg.mark is not that of my vehicle, I am passing it back to you. - nothing else, no name or address.

5) Keep the original PCN very safe for a very long time - it is your'Get out of jail free' card if some Council muppet tries it on with some detective work.
Incandescent
If you've already started a thread on this, ("As mentioned, I was issued with a PCN in Scotland"), could you please not start new threads on the same case, it just confuses people. Please ask a moderator to move this into your original thread.
John U.K.
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Mon, 27 Jan 2020 - 21:48) *
If you've already started a thread on this, ("As mentioned, I was issued with a PCN in Scotland"), could you please not start new threads on the same case, it just confuses people. Please ask a moderator to move this into your original thread.

Inc - I got confused too, but I think OP was referring back to the title of this thread?
(Last post seems to be 2014)

OP over to you.
Lewdboy

Have you got nothing better to do with your time other than to misinterpret threads and stick your nose in without actually contributing anything useful?

Neil B
QUOTE (Lewdboy @ Mon, 27 Jan 2020 - 23:06) *

Have you got nothing better to do with your time other than to misinterpret threads and stick your nose in without actually contributing anything useful?

Perhaps you should seek advice elsewhere if you're going to jump on a very well respected and helpful member here, just for
a misunderstanding.
southpaw82

Wind your neck in.
Lewdboy
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - 09:08) *

Wind your neck in.

Presuming you’re referring to the ‘helpful and well respected’ person making petty unfounded allegations against my posting style, which was within all forum rules.

What a way to detract from the actual topic. Is this forum always like this? Please delete all this irrelevant chat. I only want advice, not arguments with the resident grammar police.
southpaw82
No, I’m referring to you. As you yourself acknowledged, there was a misinterpretation. Your response was unwarranted and excessive. If you want to act all chippy with people you can do it elsewhere. Up to you.
Lewdboy
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - 20:03) *
No, I’m referring to you. As you yourself acknowledged, there was a misinterpretation. Your response was unwarranted and excessive. If you want to act all chippy with people you can do it elsewhere. Up to you.

Sorry, but when an ‘experienced’ member has a pop at me (a relatively inexperienced member) for doing nothing wrong, then my response will understandably be a little more abrasive than usual. My tolerance for unjustified intolerance is low.

But i appear to remain wrong for being right. The internet sadly struggles to filter the inebriated.
southpaw82
QUOTE (Lewdboy @ Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - 21:19) *
But i appear to remain wrong for being right.

You weren’t right. If you had an issue with the post the right thing to do is use the “report” button.

The internet sadly struggles to filter the inebriated.

Like I said, go be chippy elsewhere.
Neil B
QUOTE (Lewdboy @ Tue, 28 Jan 2020 - 19:40) *
What a way to detract from the actual topic.

Hmmm. Yeah, you did a bit but shall we see if we can get this back on track?
You were advised as follows:-
QUOTE (John U.K. @ Mon, 27 Jan 2020 - 16:50) *
2) What was the wrong digit/letter? ( '1'/'I' or '0'/'O' can be problematic)

3) Check if the reg.mark (as printed on PCN) is currently in use. https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

4) To save the owner of the printed matk's vehicle grief and hassle send a copy of the PCN to Council with an anonymous covering note along the lines of I recently found this PCN on my vehicle. As the reg.mark is not that of my vehicle, I am passing it back to you. - nothing else, no name or address.

5) Keep the original PCN very safe for a very long time - it is your'Get out of jail free' card if some Council muppet tries it on with some detective work.

Don't think you've answered 2}, have you done 3) and 4) to protect another? and noted 5)?

With regard to the actual issue I don't think there's any difference between Scotland and England.
cp8759
QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 29 Jan 2020 - 07:12) *
With regard to the actual issue I don't think there's any difference between Scotland and England.

+1, to use an expression favoured in the Lords / the SC, it would be quite surprising if the law of England and Scotland were different in this regard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.