Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd - Salford
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
westhabin
Now then,

Long story short. I've been parking at a small business park down the road from where I work, unhindered, for a number of months. There has never
been any kind of restriction in place.

On 3 January, I arrived in the customary manner, and returned to my motor later on in the day. I was about a mile down the road before I noticed, on my windscreen,
a dreaded yellow notification (so attentive was I to my surroundings).

Upon returning to the car park, I was traumatised to find that disagreeable yellow signage had appeared, indicating that the area was now a permit zone (a change that
must have happened between Christmas and New Year, one can but surmise). One hundred smackers. Sixty if coughed up within fourteen days of issue.

Anyroad, I submitted an appeal on the website of UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd, the crux of my argument being that the signage was insufficiently visible. Some photographs taken from
strategic angles were included in what was, on reflection, quite a naïve bid to bolster my chances.

Just received notification that my appeal has been rejected, as was accompanied by a rather incriminating photograph.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm seriously tempted to roll over but it's a lot of money to fork out. To reiterate, the car park was a free for all and the enforcement
has caught others out too. Someone mentioned something to me about GPDR. Can't seem to upload the files, but you get the picture, hopefully.

Jlc
QUOTE (westhabin @ Thu, 16 Jan 2020 - 16:22) *
Someone mentioned something to me about GPDR.

GDPR - but it doesn't help you.

QUOTE (westhabin @ Thu, 16 Jan 2020 - 16:22) *
Can't seem to upload the files, but you get the picture, hopefully.

Host them externally.

Poor signage is potentially a good angle but can only be resolved at court should they raise a claim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.