Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN 47J - Alighting on a bus stop
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
jetblast787
Hi all,

I've got a similar issue to this thread. I stopped on the same bus stop on Christmas Eve to alight a passenger and was stopped for a total of 13 seconds on the bus stop according to the video evidence.

At the time (evidenced by the video), I am not obscuring traffic flow nor was there a bus waiting to use the bus stop. Does the condition of the sign mean I have grounds for appeal? The sign currently looks like this as this as seen in streetview.

However, unlike the aforementioned thread, the yellow line is now painted on the road. Considering I was only alighting and stopped for 13 seconds, do I have de minimis grounds for appeal?

It really pains me to pay this fine considering I was doing a good deed at the time by dropping off a stranger close to the station sad.gif

Thanks
Incandescent
do I have de minimis grounds for appeal?

No, because it is a No Stopping restriction, and 13 seconds stopped would not usually be considered de minimis at adjudication. The whole point of the no stopping restriction is to prevent people stopping by the bus stop, but you did stop.

Why didn't you stop on a single or double yellow line, because you then have the board/alight passengers exemption ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.