Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caught 31st July 06 - 36MPH in 30 zone. Newcastle B1318
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Chris007
As per instructions on NIP wizard site - I have now "cut and paste" information needed.
Please confirm that I have correctly written out the paperwork (I have only written "Please see attached letter" on NIP letter). I will also wait around 25 days before I post by Special Delivery. If I receive another letter from Northumbria Police, do I ignore it? Do I ask for a photocopy of the incident? Do I try and stall by given them as little amount of information as possible?

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Northumbria Police
Date of the offence: - July 2006
Date of the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - B1318 BRIDGE STREET , SEATON BURN
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - NK
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - There is very little I remember about the event as I do not recall any "Gatso" or other radar camera at the above location.
I remember going to Wideopen Garage to get diesel as I was in desperate need of diesel. The diesel at the garage was out or order and I then drove 1/2 Mile along the B1318 to get diesel at another location. I was recorded at 13.24 hrs at 36MPH in a 30MPH zone. I have a receipt from the 2nd garage at 13.27 for £5.00.
Again, I must stress that I did not see any Police vehicle etc, but I was probably a little concerned to get to the garage and not breakdown.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:39:36 +0100
crystal
Hi,

The PACE statement provides all the information you are required to supply.
You should ignoire further reminders to continue to fight it (and the COFP)
(The exception would be if the offer a speed awareness course which you should consider)

Do not engage in correspondance with them and never by phone

You can ask for the photos to idenify the driver but there are not required.

After you have send the letter print the recieving signature off from the royal mail site (it on there after about 3 days)

regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.