Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sent representation, no reply. Now solicitors letter
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
DotCom
as director of company that owns a vehicle that was parked on private land without a permit (lost permit but told by company its ok till new one arrive to parka s have VRN on system) received over a week whilst away 7 charge notices back in September.
immediately on return, sent a letter of representation, but never got a reply. end of November sent an email with representation and again never received a reply.
today received Gladstones solicitors letter before claim demanding £1000.
what should i reply to them?
Jlc
QUOTE (DotCom @ Wed, 27 Nov 2019 - 19:50) *
lost permit but told by company its ok till new one arrive to parka s have VRN on system

So what proof do you have of this?

Which parking company?
DotCom
over the phone. company was PPS.
concerning the no reply from them back should give me a hands up over them?
Jlc
QUOTE (DotCom @ Wed, 27 Nov 2019 - 20:09) *
over the phone.

Recorded?
DotCom
Yes,
nosferatu1001
then you have them on promissory estoppel

Send a response back to Gladstones, pointing out you have
1) Their clients rep confirming no charges would be issued, recorded on X date at Y time
2) this means their client has agreed a variation and is thus estopped from issuing any charges

Did they access personal data? If YES you could respond with a LBC of your own, for misuse of your personal data.

What rights do you have to park there, and i am NOT talking about a permit - is it land leased to you?
Jlc
QUOTE (DotCom @ Wed, 27 Nov 2019 - 22:18) *
Yes,

biggrin.gif

On the offensive you go...
DotCom
QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Thu, 28 Nov 2019 - 08:54) *
then you have them on promissory estoppel

Send a response back to Gladstones, pointing out you have
1) Their clients rep confirming no charges would be issued, recorded on X date at Y time
2) this means their client has agreed a variation and is thus estopped from issuing any charges

Did they access personal data? If YES you could respond with a LBC of your own, for misuse of your personal data.

What rights do you have to park there, and i am NOT talking about a permit - is it land leased to you?

i live on the estate
nosferatu1001
"I live on the estate" does not answer the quesiton i asked

Second time: is the land leased to you? What does the lease state? What does it require? What does it grant?
DotCom
the exact wording of the lease i dont have at hand. i bought a flat on the estate and one can park if he buys a parking slot too. i did and received a permit to fix to vehicle. this permit got lost
Sheffield Dave
Who did you pay for the parking permit? Did you have to sign anything (possibly resembling a contract )in return for the permit?
nosferatu1001
Then go get your lease. Its really, really important.
If you have truly leased a specific parking space, then unless the lease is very, very specific theres a good chance the permit scheme has *never* applied to you
DotCom
ok, will get it.

but on the basis of the company not replying back to my representations, isnt that not good enough of a reason to fight?
The Rookie
QUOTE (DotCom @ Thu, 28 Nov 2019 - 12:11) *
but on the basis of the company not replying back to my representations, isnt that not good enough of a reason to fight?

Nope, it's completely irrelevant to whether or not any money was owed in the first place.

If you order some widgets off me and I supply them and you contest the invoice, if I don't reply does it magically mean you owe nothing? Of course not.

And don't call them representations, that has a specific meaning for decriminalised PCN's which doesn't apply here, it was an appeal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.