Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane v Emergency services v bad sinage
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
caughtonfilm
Hi guys, i was steered here as i really want to contest a pcn for bus lane contravention, I received the notice today.... the 1st one I have received saying nothing has been received from me the fine has gone up and if i fail to pay £90 the council will register the debt in court, I have phoned as soon as i received this letter and they said there is nothing i can do apart pay it as the appeal date has gone.
I feel angry (so to speak) as the emergency services were behind so i was taking evasive action to allow them access to their presumed direction due to other vehicles and sort of got caught up in the bus lane (gate they call it) which is around 3-4 car lengths long and signposted well into the lane (as it can be) when any other action apart from reverse to move left would be the only option, im angry at this as i moved to allow emergency services through (cannot be seen in the video evidence as they were behind) and the bad signposting.
Im looking for recommendations/advice as i don't really want ccj's and want to fight the bad bus lane information at worse.
Any help appreciated, thank you
Neil B
You are not in as bad a position as you think.

We like to see docs.
caughtonfilm
Thank you for the reply, i hope the following screen grabs are what you meant?
stamfordman
Post the charge certificate you have - all sides. you can put pics on https://imgbb.com or pdf on google docs etc.

you don't need to worry if you didn't get the PCN (the first letter they send). Or did you get a PCN and appeal and get no letter of rejection?

Is the address on the charge certificate completely correct?
Gaza
Is the lane on the left wide enough for your van? It looks like one of those width restrictor set-ups that are designed to only allow cars through.
Gaza
A few points. There is no evidence of blue lights on any of the photos posted. It is night and I'd have expected to see reflections on the surroundings. Secondly, that road has a width restriction of 2m. A Transit is wider than that. If you did move in to the bus gate because of an emergency vehicle then it should be on the video. Have you asked the council to provide a copy?
caughtonfilm
Hi, thank you for you replies, yes all the info on the notification is correct (name, address etc) the blue lights behind were i guess out of reflection sight, im not sure if i can post the charge certificate as ive only had a letter say i owe £90 as this is the 1st letter ive got, the lane on the left width i cant answer as i did not go down it, i decided i could get out of the way before the blue lights caught up, it was night time, ive got a video of my van its only lasts a few seconds, also there is only the sign on the right that can be seen as the left sign is twisted and difficult to see and harder under the circumstances, where i live up north we do not have Bus gates and tbh never heard of them we have bus lanes....... thanks again for your replies.. ...... what do i do next?
Neil B
QUOTE (caughtonfilm @ Mon, 25 Nov 2019 - 01:23) *
im not sure if i can post the charge certificate as ive only had a letter say i owe £90 as this is the 1st letter ive got, ....... thanks again for your replies.. ...... what do i do next?

That IS the Charge Cert and we need to see it.

We like to SEE docs because it confirms to us your position and, if there's anything wrong with them we can use them
to help both you and, potentially, others. It's a sharing forum.

We don't need to see your name, address or even VRM if you're sensitive about the the latter.
Neil B
where i live up north we do not have Bus gates and tbh never heard of them we have bus lanes

ooooop North has more bus 'gates' than you can shake a stick at biggrin.gif
caughtonfilm
Hope this helps smile.gif

QUOTE (Neil B @ Mon, 25 Nov 2019 - 03:16) *
where i live up north we do not have Bus gates and tbh never heard of them we have bus lanes

ooooop North has more bus 'gates' than you can shake a stick at biggrin.gif

haha its new to me and me mates ive asked smile.gif
Neil B
Oh dear.
That is so disgraceful.

I'm sure others will beat me too it shortly after sunrise. Chill.
Slapdash
By received do you mean:

- It was adressed to you personally

- It was somebody else's vehicle and you were the driver and the letter has simply been passed to you

Who is the vehicle registered to?

I struggle to see how moving into a central lane (which happened to be a bus gate) can be getting out of the way of an emergency vehicle.
cp8759
All Reading bus lane PCNs are legally flawed, so worth fighting. However, we need you to answer Slapdash's questions in the first instance.
hcandersen
As per cp, but only as regards who's who. Do not go into the contravention, this is neither the time nor place.

This matter is wholly procedural at present.

The procedure provides for a PCN to be issued by post followed by a Charge Certificate to the same address if neither the penalty is paid nor representations made. The letter you posted is outside of regulations. The questions asked relate to the key issue of why you did not receive the the postal PCN or the Charge Certificate, which are statutory notices, but did receive the letter dated 19 Nov.

Please let us not get sidetracked by the contravention.
caughtonfilm
Yes it was addressed to me and the vehicle is registered to me and I was driving
Neil B
So TWO missing notices remain a mystery.

Returning to your first post -
Reading will register the debt at TEC (court) and then send you an Order for Recovery, adding £8.

There is no CCJ involved.

In response to the OfR you file a Statutory Declaration with TEC on the basis 'no PCN received'
The matter is then reset and you get a new PCN.

Presumably you now see their last, extra-procedural notice is a lie.

Come back here if you don't have the OfR in 8 days.

----------------
On the matter of repeated pressing questions about the address; there's a good reason.
We've heard it all before!
If you haven't done so you need to actually get the V5C out and check.
Neil B
Are you clear on what to do?

You must not use the Stat Dec to argue about the contravention itself.
caughtonfilm
thank you Neil B, so sit tight and wait for the OFR, respond with no pcn recieved and again wait....?
Neil B
QUOTE (caughtonfilm @ Thu, 28 Nov 2019 - 21:41) *
thank you Neil B, so sit tight and wait for the OFR, respond with no pcn recieved and again wait....?

Yep.
And, looking at the date of that interim letter, come back if you don't have the OfR in about 8 days and we'll give
you another way of staying safe.
caughtonfilm
Thank you Neil B, appreciate the help
caughtonfilm
Still no response from Reading, still sit tight?
Neil B
QUOTE (caughtonfilm @ Wed, 11 Dec 2019 - 02:29) *
Still no response from Reading, still sit tight?

Phone TEC and ask if the debt has been registered.

0300 123 1059

Repeat every 10 days or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.