Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN yellow box is bus lane viable exit?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Sandy sharpe
Hi : )

Slow moving traffic meant didn't quite get back end out of the box, so 5 secs between cctv photos with back wheels not across the line, with final photo showing me out of the box. (Not sure where/can I see video at this stage?)

I was wondering, as the bus lane to my left hand side is empty and not active due to the time of day, no parked cars there at that time, can this be reasonably considered a clear exit from the box if needed?

Also the first two photos are timed, 22.46.58, 22.47.03, and final pic 22.47.11.

Thanks everyone
stamfordman
Post all the PCN and the video.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like.

Put videos on Youtube, Vimeo or such like.
DancingDad
Bus lane is irrelevant.
View of adjudicators nowadays is that as you didn't use it, it doesn't count.
Sandy sharpe
I wondered about the bus lane as I'd read elsewhere sometime about it being ok to enter a yellow box as long as there was an exit route..? Example going into a YB behind someone but the lane besides them is clear só could drive out..?
DancingDad
QUOTE (Sandy sharpe @ Sat, 9 Nov 2019 - 18:04) *
I wondered about the bus lane as I'd read elsewhere sometime about it being ok to enter a yellow box as long as there was an exit route..? Example going into a YB behind someone but the lane besides them is clear só could drive out..?

Was a defence that enjoyed limited success.
Then London Adjudicators had one of their Panel decisions to "clarify" YBJ challenge points.
That one lost out.
The basic is not that there is a clear exit, it is whether you are trying or even able to use it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.