Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerating
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Franksx2005
i was pulled over for accelerating quickly, i dont think i went above the speed limit, he says i did, he was on his own and says he intends to take me to court for driving without due care and attention, there is no evidence just his word against mine, how can he do this.
Missdaisy
If it is as you say he was alone, no video or photos he can't as far as I am aware.

Probably wanted to give you a good telling off and worry you.
Franksx2005
QUOTE (Missdaisy @ Tue, 1 Aug 2006 - 19:03) *
If it is as you say he was alone, no video or photos he can't as far as I am aware.

Probably wanted to give you a good telling off and worry you.

he was alone, no camera, no speed gun, he questioned me in his car, when he wasnt getting the answers he wanted he accused me of racing.
surely he cant do that.
Missdaisy
I would suggest you burned him at the lights and that peed him off. One thing you should be aware of he could circulate your details to his colleagues who will then stop you whenever they see you.........I take it he did all the tire kicking, checked tax mot and insurance???

oh and yes they can do as they like..................
Peter_D
Best sort your wording out. It is not he that takes you to court it is the CPS . This guy sounds like attitdue on legs. Did he formally caution you, Mention a Notice of Intension to Prosecute or give you a producer. Regards Peter
Ocelot
Unfortunately they don't need physical evidence (photos or a video), just their opinion and some corroboration, such as manually matching your speed against a calibrated speedo, if you are being done for speeding. I am uncertain as to what evidence (if any) is needed for driving without due care.

Did he say something along the lines of 'you will be reported for consideration of prosecution for the offence etc etc.'? This is a verbal NIP, and they don't need to send anything further before a summons.

However, there is a good chance that he was just trying to scare you and giving you attitude, and that nothing further will come from it. If it does, you are in a good position to contest his allegation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.