Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time limits on prosecutions
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
howlongdoyouwait?
I hope someone can offer me some advice. I received a conditional offer of fixed penalty on 20th March 2006, related to a speeding offence on the 18th February 2006. As i already had 9 points on my licence I followed the instructions on the letter which told me to do nothing and that arrangements would be made for the matter to proceed to court. I have heard nothing since. It is now six months since the offence - how much longer should I expect to wait before I hear anything. Is there any chance that after a certain period of time the police are not able to proceed with the prosecution. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks
Fedup
Call the mag. court nearest to the offence location and see if any information has been laid in your name. This must happen within six months but the serving of the summons can take longer.
crystal
Hi,

do not call them too soon as it may alert them. My maths mean 6 months from the 18th Feb is 18th august so you have 18 days to go. I can take a couple of weeks to get from the court to you so I would not call to check until the send of september

Regards
Crystal
cjm99
They have until the 18 August to lay an information. So do not call anybody. If there is a chance of it slipping through then why risk awakening them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.