Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting court result.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
crocodilemick
Hi all - I posted about a year back and have been pursuing a not guilty plea for 12 months and now need some assistance and have a bit of very interesting information which may assist others.

I was fortunate enough to watch a case a month or two ago (R - V - Cross), in which Barry Culshaw had Dr Clark and the CPS had both Garrett and Dunn(e?) as expert witnesses, now there was a lot of to and froing about distance, whether or not the PC developed a prior opinion before using the Lti and a few words about the officers tetra radio, ultimately though the case was dismissed by the District Judge Babbington-Brown, it was dismissed on the grounds that the officer who took the initial reading could not remember if there was a vehicle in front of the driver that was ultimately charged, because he could not remember for sure the judge said that there was a possibility that there was a vehicle, and if there was then there could of been "slip" (as per Dr Clarks testimony).

Now it seems clear to me that she is taking Dr Clarks word that slip does happen with the Lti 20-20 over Mr Garrett and Mr Dunne's word that the device has "self checking" circuitry within it (Mr Garrett explained that if the device registered a speed reading much higher than expected, then it would display an error code - this apparently constitutes "error checking"! abso-bloomin-lutely ridiculous, so if it falsely gets a reading that is within a "reasonable" band then it presumes that the reading is correct, and if it gets 200mph then it displays an error.

Now, I understand that everything that is said in court is recorded, and this adjudication over the prosecutions evidence is pretty groundbreaking and will be very helpful in my case (and indeed others as well I'm sure), so I need to have something that I can show the magistrates (a transcript or an in-depth recording of the adjudication) at my trial that will show them that "slip" has been acknowledged by a district judge (who very thoroughly reviewed the both the defence and prosecutions expert reports), so my question is, how do I get that transcript? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I was surprised that this information wasnt already on this site, however I was the only observer in the court room and I suppose it wouldnt benefit the defence or prosecution to update this site with this kind of thing.

Thanks guys

Mike
andy_foster
QUOTE (crocodilemick @ Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 14:01) *
Now, I understand that everything that is said in court is recorded, and this adjudication over the prosecutions evidence is pretty groundbreaking and will be very helpful in my case (and indeed others as well I'm sure), so I need to have something that I can show the magistrates (a transcript or an in-depth recording of the adjudication) at my trial that will show them that "slip" has been acknowledged by a district judge (who very thoroughly reviewed the both the defence and prosecutions expert reports), so my question is, how do I get that transcript? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I was surprised that this information wasnt already on this site, however I was the only observer in the court room and I suppose it wouldnt benefit the defence or prosecution to update this site with this kind of thing.

AFAIK magistrates' courts hearings are very rarely recorded or reported.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.