Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking on layby in 'urban clearway' got me a ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
divadiow
got a £30 hampshire sticker slapped on my windscreen during a festival weekend as I left the car, along with others in a layby, quite a substantial layby next to the main carriageway which is a 60 zone normally (reduced to 30 for the festival)

there were no 'no parking' signs anywhere to be seen and there were new tickets issued to all vehicles that had dared park there the next day.

am I just screwed and should I pay up?
MartinHP71
QUOTE (divadiow @ Mon, 31 Jul 2006 - 11:38) *
got a £30 hampshire sticker slapped on my windscreen during a festival weekend as I left the car, along with others in a layby, quite a substantial layby next to the main carriageway which is a 60 zone normally (reduced to 30 for the festival)

there were no 'no parking' signs anywhere to be seen and there were new tickets issued to all vehicles that had dared park there the next day.

am I just screwed and should I pay up?

Hiya

Who has issued the Penalty ticket ?

Secondly I would write or ring the local authority and ask them for details on the normal parking restrictions in place for that layby. I am not sure if by default Layby's have a restriction upon them.
Teufel
not sure if this is the case - ill try to confirm

urban clearway restrictions can only be enforced by police
or traffic wardens not decrim PA's

a decrim PCN is not enforceable - similar to the ise ue with
tax waiting areas

the waitiung restrictions on the laybay will be in the urban clearway
bye-laws (urban clearways dont have yellow lines do they)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.