Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Code:01 - Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Ash2273
Hi all,
New here and posting my first message. If any mistakes, please accept my apologies.
I parked my car as I usually do on a single yellow line on a Sunday at the town center. This time when I came back to my car I found a PCN, Code: 01. Mine was not the only car there were 4 other cars parked who got the ticket too. There was never such tickets before even though many a times I saw traffic wardens around near this area. There is no signs on post or any other display to state that there was a contravention time or a limit of time if parked would occur a contravention. I went this Saturday afternoon and took pics to see if there were any signs on posts etc. but couldn't find any. Nor was there a zone parking control enforcement notice anywhere. The only sign is for permit holders but that is within the marked bays. The rest is one single yellow line.
The question I have is should I pay the 50% fine now or should I challenge? Would appreciate a quick response. Attached pics of the road and coming into it as well as the PCN.
If there is any other info I need to upload please let me know. Thank you.

Kind regards
Ash
Ash2273
Hi all,
New here and posting my first message. If any mistakes, please accept my apologies.
I parked my car as I usually do on a single yellow line on a Sunday at the town center. This time when I came back to my car I found a PCN, Code: 01. Mine was not the only car there were 4 other cars parked who got the ticket too. There was never such tickets before even though many a times I saw traffic wardens around near this area. There is no signs on post or any other display to state that there was a contravention time or a limit of time if parked would occur a contravention. I went this Saturday afternoon and took pics to see if there were any signs on posts etc. but couldn't find any. Nor was there a zone parking control enforcement notice anywhere. The only sign is for permit holders but that is within the marked bays. The rest is one single yellow line.
The question I have is should I pay the 50% fine now or should I challenge? Would appreciate a quick response. Attached pics of the road and coming into it as well as the PCN.
If there is any other info I need to upload please let me know. Thank you.

Kind regards
Ash
Incandescent
There are no pics attached. These are essential if meaningful advice is to be given.
Ash2273
Hi
Sorry did that on next post. Realized. Adding link to google maps. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2339846,-...#33;3m1!1e3
Incandescent
So exactly where were you parked ?
Ash2273
Single yellow line left side below the metal canopy. 5th pic. Where the two people are walking bit further up on left side not double yellows. Two cars ahead of the white 4x4.
PASTMYBEST
What we need to see are the council photos of your car. There is a sign at the far end of the street it is 8am til 6pm no days are listed so that is 7 days a week As its a one way street I would argue only one sign at the far end is inadequate as it is approx. 70 metres from the start of the restriction

I have asked a moderator to delete or merge your other thread
Ash2273
Thank you. What do I need to do now?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Ash2273 @ Mon, 7 Oct 2019 - 10:42) *

keep all post about this PCN in this one thread
Ash2273
Will do. Do need to pay the 50% or make a challenge to council?
Neil B
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 7 Oct 2019 - 10:41) *
There is a sign at the far end of the street it is 8am til 6pm no days are listed so that is 7 days a week As its a one way street I would argue only one sign at the far end is inadequate as it is approx. 70 metres from the start of the restriction

Might be a repeater. Central Nhptn has a CPZ but I can't find a map.
cp8759
QUOTE (Ash2273 @ Mon, 7 Oct 2019 - 10:42) *

We still haven't seen the council photos, you need to get these and show us.
Ash2273
Hi
Please see attached pics

I have already sent an email to council with NO CONTRAVENTION occurred. Was worried that I would pass the 50% reduction deadline. It was a copy and paste from:
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...d.php?t=3164984

Waiting for council response but any more advice from here would be appreciated. Thank you for all the help so far and apologies for delay in replying to upload council footage.
PASTMYBEST
That wont do any more than buy you a bit of time, maybe. The council do not have to hold the 50% discount beyond 14 days even if you challenge, though they generally do. You are parked no more than 25 metres from the sign, though it is not well positioned

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2350072,-...3312!8i6656
Ash2273
Thank you for the reply and help. Will pay up if they don't cancel. At least learnt a lot by coming and joining this forum. Thanks again for all the help and info.
cp8759
QUOTE (Ash2273 @ Wed, 9 Oct 2019 - 20:57) *
Thank you for the reply and help. Will pay up if they don't cancel. At least learnt a lot by coming and joining this forum. Thanks again for all the help and info.

No if they reject post the rejection letter on here so we can check for errors. No point in paying if you don't absolutely have to.
Ash2273
Hi
Thank you again. I',m attaching the reply from Northampton County Council.
hcandersen
You are parked no more than 25 metres from the sign

Not according to the council!

OP, it doesn't look as if we can rely on GSV which shows a time plate.

Was there or was there not (is there or is there not) a time plate on the corner by the No Entry sign?

And where is the PCN?

Edit: and are you the registered keeper with up-to-date details with DVLA?
cp8759
Also, work out exactly what route you took and at what point you entered the CPZ.
Ash2273
Hi
I'm not sure which route I took but don't remember seeing a sign stating controlled zone. I was not the only car that got the ticket. There were 3 others cars besides mine, sadly did not think of taking pics. The following time I went to check where the sign was (if any) I saw more cars at same place getting tickets. I don't think drivers are aware of any signs at that road or entering the CPZ. I will need to check what the sign says at end of road and take pic and upload since google map has it blurred. But there are routes from which one can enter the CPZ where there is no sign. I will also check every point highlighted on the map in reply to my letter in the pdf file uploaded. I will upload the PCN in this reply. As for being within 25m of sign, will check and measure distance but would that have any impact? The wordings "time-plate located nearby", what is nearby? There was only one sign at the end of the road and not facing towards the road but rather facing away towards the car park exit. Not sure if any of the above info helps. Feel likes its always against the drivers. One can understand if someone has parked dangerously or causing difficulty to other road/pavement users, but a single yellow line on a Sunday afternoon, parked safely no obstruction to anyone or inconvenience, seems very harsh. But then again a council which every is in deficit, wasting money on doing road work which was already done a a year ago, building a new council building and cant even move in due to debt for not paying the contractors, a Councillor giving away £10 million to local football team from public funds and running off to another country, then it all makes sense. My little rant (its really frustrating!) Apologies. Thank you all again for your time and replies. If any other info is required let me know.
cp8759
There's no point in checking every entrance to the zone, the only one that counts is the entrances you actually used.
Ash2273
Will do. Thank you.
hcandersen
Don't bother until you've answered the question and provided a photo of the sign which apparently exists at the end of the road. Wide-angle and close-up pl.

As you stated .. I parked my car as I usually do on a single yellow line on a Sunday at the town center...

then taking photos tomorrow should be easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.