Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to prove vehicle sale without the proof of sale to JBW?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Radex
Hello everyone,

Once again I am back with another query regarding my sold vehicle.

I sold my vehicle in September 2018 and mailed the the paperwork to DVLA. However something went wrong and in July of 2019 we started receiving letters from JBW debt collection agency that we owe them (or Manchester city council) money for unpaid parking tickets in November 2018, after the sale of my vehicle.The new keeper never registered the vehicle, yet continued to use it and got some parking tickets. Now I responded immediately stating that we did not own the vehicle at the time, JBW asked us to provide the following:

• Cancellation of Insurance Policy
• Proof of sale
• Letter from the DVLA confirming the date you ceased to be the Registered Keeper of the vehicle

Now I have managed to get a confirmation from DVLA stating that we are not the registered keeper of the vehicle as of April 2018, which is when the vehicle was made SORN. I also provided the confirmation of SORN as there is no insurance cancellation since it is not required the be insured under SORN, it simple expired at the end of the previous year.

JBW is still asking to provide the proof of sale which we do not have. I was wondering is there any way to prove that the vehicle is sold at this point? DVLA said they can't help us no more.

Thank you.
stamfordman
I don't think you stop being the RK when you SORN a vehicle - you retain the V5C don't you. So presuming that when you sold it no change to the V5C was made, what address was on it - where did the PCNs go?

Also, check here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

if the car is taxed the DVLA knows who.
Radex
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 15:45) *
I don't think you stop being the RK when you SORN a vehicle - you retain the V5C don't you. So presuming that when you sold it no change to the V5C was made, what address was on it - where did the PCNs go?

Also, check here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

if the car is taxed the DVLA knows who.

They had my previous address and never bothered to update the records, therefore all correspondence and PCNs was going to my previous address until it's been passed to JBW to collect the debt and that's when I started to receive their letters. The DVLA sent a letter stating "I can confirm that you are no longer shown as the keeper of the vehicle from 6th of April." - That sounds like a proof to me?

It is not Taxed, it is still shown as SORN.
stamfordman
Who did you sell it to?

So who was the keeper from 6 April?

A lot of holes here. When did you move?
Radex
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 15:55) *
Who did you sell it to?

Some sketchy guy from Romania. He did give me his personal details but I never kept the copy of it - big mistake.
Wretched Rectum
For each parking penalty charge you are being chased for download the parking TE7 & TE9 forms. On TE7 state the application is made out of time as you moved address and only learned about the charge when JBW made contact also state you sold the car before the contravention occurred (this is for the benefit of the council who will read a copy of the TE7). On the TE9 tick the box that you did not get the NTO. Then email both forms (for each PCN) to TEC along with a copy of the DVLA letter confirming they have amended their keeper records.

Forms available here

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/t...nt-centre-forms
Radex
QUOTE (Wretched Rectum @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 16:06) *
Download the parking TE7 & TE9 forms. On TE7 state the application is made out of time as you moved address and only learned about the charge when JBW made contact also state you sold the car beofre the contravention occurred (this is for the benefit of the council who will read a copy of the TE7). On the TE9 ticket the box that you did not get the NTO. Then email both forms to TEC along with a copy of the DVLA letter confirming they have amended their keeper records.

Forms available here

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/t...nt-centre-forms

Thank you sir.
Wretched Rectum
QUOTE (Radex @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 22:07) *
Thank you sir.

I'm a lady (although not so much after a few G&T's) tongue.gif
Radex
QUOTE (Wretched Rectum @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 16:39) *
QUOTE (Radex @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 22:07) *
Thank you sir.

I'm a lady (although not so much after a few G&T's) tongue.gif

My apologies, thank you Madam!
Neil B
QUOTE (Radex @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 21:32) *
for unpaid parking tickets

Are you sure it's parking?

How much is being demanded?
Radex
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 17:08) *

Yes, they send us the Warrant of Control (there's 2). One is £115, other is £98. But JBW fees are around £500.
Neil B
QUOTE (Radex @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 23:26) *

Yes, they send us the Warrant of Control (there's 2). One is £115, other is £98. But JBW fees are around £500.

Well, sorry to disagree but £115 does not make sense and £98 is NOT parking but a bus lane.
It's important because the forms you need are different.

You presumably have the PCN numbers so look them up online please.
Wretched Rectum
Radex you need to give us correct info if you want correct advice. Do as Neil asks.
Radex
My apologies, I mistakenly thought it's the same thing. It is a bus lane, not parking. April 6 is when the vehicle was made SORN and I remained the keeper. Once JBW started chasing me asking me to pay the debt in July, I started communicating with DVLA and finally got a letter from them stating that I am no longer the registered keeper from 6 April. We moved years ago, and I guess changing the address on my drivers license wasn't enough. My mistake.
hcandersen
OP, you're still not giving full info!

For example, this is the form required to register a vehicle as SORN:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/go...otification.pdf

You must have become aware that your V5C details were out of date when completing this form, I cannot see how anyone who reads the form thoroughly could not.

Radex
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Sun, 6 Oct 2019 - 03:28) *
OP, you're still not giving full info!

For example, this is the form required to register a vehicle as SORN:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/go...otification.pdf

You must have become aware that your V5C details were out of date when completing this form, I cannot see how anyone who reads the form thoroughly could not.

I submitted the SORN online.

QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 18:33) *
QUOTE (Radex @ Sat, 5 Oct 2019 - 23:26) *

Well, sorry to disagree but £115 does not make sense and £98 is NOT parking but a bus lane.
It's important because the forms you need are different.

You presumably have the PCN numbers so look them up online please.

What forms are used for bus lane?
Neil B
QUOTE (Radex @ Sun, 6 Oct 2019 - 06:02) *
My apologies, I mistakenly thought it's the same thing. It is a bus lane, not parking.

'It' ?

How have we gone from two or more down to one and where does £115 come from?

I think best to show us the JBW paperwork.
DancingDad
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sun, 6 Oct 2019 - 17:20) *
.....I think best to show us the JBW paperwork.

Do please, before you submit anything to TEC.
Probably the most common reasons for Out of Time requests being rejected is that they do not address critical points, let us help you in that.
Second common reason for rejection is that the wrong form is used, which is why type of PCN is important.

Of interest, why did you SORN it online but not change of keeper ?
hcandersen
I submitted the SORN online.

And nowhere during the process were you asked to verify your details or to provide the basics included in the form wink.gif
Radex
Let me clarify.

I submitted SORN in April 2018, but the vehicle was not sold until September 2018. Once sold, the paperwork was sent to DVLA however something went wrong and they did not receive it. In July 2019 I was contacted by JBW informing me that I the vehicle was charged for being in bus lane on 2 different occasions (2 separate offences). I immediately contacted DVLA asking to help where I learned that my paperwork never reached them and that the I am still the registered keeper of the vehicle. I requested to remove my name as a keeper of the vehicle which they did shortly after. In a letter sent from DVLA they state that I am no longer the registered keeper of the vehicle from 6th of April (which is the day it was made SORN). I will submit the letter when I get home for y'all to see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.