Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats next???
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
djzian
Any advice would be greatly appreciated......

I have recently got caught doing 81mph in a 70mph in Wiltshire, having read this excellent website, I decided to send in a pace statement and printed "please see attached" in big bold letters across my NIP.

This week I received a conditional offer of fixed penalty and was wondering whats next.

Does anyone have any experience of this with the Wiltshire Constabulary and the possible outcome.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Blackbird
Does anyone have any experience of this with the Wiltshire Constabulary
really don't get me started on Wiltshire on a Sunday wink.gif

Normally they send a second NIP followed by the Conditional Offer - I don't know if they have done this in your case.

What you do next is of course up to you but if you want to fight it then it is a case of 'sitting back' and waiting. Wiltshire are known to send out a lot of Bluff and Bluster letters and often tardy in laying the information (5 months +)
From what you have written I presume that a mobile unit was involved, Wiltshire hate disclosing tapes from these vehicles.
Can I suggest that you do a seach (if you haven't already) on Wiltshire I can assure you a lot will come up.

Regards
crystal
Hi,

This thread talks abouyt what next

Regards
Crystal
MackTheKnife
Hi Djzian,

I can't share any relevant experience yet, but I have an NIP from Wiltshire for 74 in a 60mph (My Post). I think I'll do the same as you with PACE and perhaps we can compare notes in due course!

I tried searching "Wiltshire" on this site and only got two results - both from your topic!
Fredd
QUOTE (MackTheKnife @ Wed, 2 Aug 2006 - 19:28) *
I tried searching "Wiltshire" on this site and only got two results - both from your topic!

Make sure that you select "All Forums" in the "Search Where" section of the search form - I just tried it and got several pages of results containing "Wiltshire". blink.gif
nemo
QUOTE (MackTheKnife @ Wed, 2 Aug 2006 - 19:28) *
Are you sure ? Typing Wiltshire (or even Witless, as in Witless and Swindle wink.gif ) brings up stacks of cases for me. Tip - ensure you have ALL FORUMS and ANY DATE selected when you perform the search.
Blackbird
Somehow I feel I may have posted once or twice on 'Wiltshire' unsure.gif
djzian
Hello everyone, i would just like to update you on my situation. Well i have received JACK SH*T from them, so im assuming the PACE statement has worked. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

DJZian
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (djzian @ Mon, 13 Nov 2006 - 22:50) *
Well i have received JACK SH*T from them, so im assuming the PACE statement has worked. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are being a bit presumptious.
They have six months, from the date of the offence, to lay an information with the court.
The Rookie
Although I'm surprised at the lack of a CoFP to keep their coffers full!

Simon
djzian
Hello all

Spoke too soon, yes you were right, summons recevied yesterday.........

Where do we go from here???

I have hopefully attached copy of summons and look forward to any help / suggestions

Thanks in anticipation
djzian
Please could somebody give me some advice!

As you can see above i received a court summons from the court, i filled this out and returned it.

Then i received a "standard directions & checklist for trial" form stating a hearing on the 20th April 2007 at The Guildhall, The Market Square, Salisbury. Please could anyone advise me on if they have received anything similar.

Also i have received a letter from the court saying:

"I note that there is no witness availabilty on the court file. I would be grateful if you could supply me with this information within 7 days so that a trial date can be listed as soon as possible"

I think i have received this letter because i have not sent off the "standard directions & checklist for trial" form yet, but could somebody help!!

Many Thanks
djzian
Please could somebody give me some advice!

Please find my original post here:

I received a court summons from the court, i filled this out and returned it.

Also when i sent the summons back to them they asked me to send my driving license and counterpart! Is this normal, and when can i get it back??

Then i received a "standard directions & checklist for trial" form stating a hearing on the 20th April 2007 at The Guildhall, The Market Square, Salisbury. Please could anyone advise me on if they have received anything similar.

Also i have received a letter from the court saying:

"I note that there is no witness availabilty on the court file. I would be grateful if you could supply me with this information within 7 days so that a trial date can be listed as soon as possible"

I think i have received this letter because i have not sent off the "standard directions & checklist for trial" form yet, but could somebody help!!

Also

Many Thanks
DJZIAN
liverpool lass
Have you received an evidence bundle? Photos, your PACE statement etc?

Now might be a good time to join the site and have this moved to the BB & G forum.
liverpool lass
Don't start new threads for existing subjects, it annoys the Mods !
djzian
Yes i have received an evidence buddle. I received this with my court summons.

Please could you tell me which site to join and how to move this to the BB & G Forum??
liverpool lass
At the top of this page click on "My Controls" and then "Paid Subsciptions" on the left hand side.

Once you have joined, ask a Mod to move your thread as is it safer from prying eyes. Then you need to scan everything you have received (both sides) leaving out the means form, directions etc.
djzian
as you can see liverpool lass i received the court summons ages ago (but no ones has replyed) and the original summons was for FEB 2007, i asked for it to be postponed on the O Halloran Case and they hav re-scheduled it for the 20th April 2007! The "Standard Directions & Checklist" is nothing to do with the evidence bundle, i received the evidence bundle with the court summons and sent the summons back with a NOT GUILTY PLEA and my driving license as they asked for it!!

Many Thanks
DJZIAN
firefly
Have you read this post?
Chas820
If you are pleading not guilty ask the cps for the full session video,they must supply this at least seven days before your trial.They will argue and do everything they can not to let you see this but if you search the forums there is a template letter that tells you of your legal entitlement.A few people have had their cases dropped before the court because the scammers wouldn`t reveal their dodgy video.
The Rookie
It would help immensly if you could scan and post witness statemenst and other non standard forms so we know what we are dealing with!

Simon
djzian
Dear All

Below i have scanned the letters i have received from the scammers, any help would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks
DJZIAN

"""Standard directions & checklist for trials"""

djzian
Then i received the following letter from them. and replyed with the standard letters saying that i want to view the video evidence and that i would like case be held in abeyance until the decission of the O'Halloran & Francis case.

Then on friday i received the following pack from them.

djzian

Any help please!!!
DJZIAN
liverpool lass
From what I can see Wiltshire have been very thorough with your evidence bundle, they seem to have included everything but I am not an expert.

They have included your PACE statement are trying to lead it with a statement from Anna Gilder, completely ignoring the condition included in the PACE statement which is no surprise.

The hearing on the 20th is a case management hearing not the actual trial. You have to try and achieve the following 3 outcomes:

1) Adjournment pending the O'Halloran case.
2) Your PACE statment is disallowed as evidence. ( even more reason for adjourment as the agruement you will get into over this is exactly what we are all waiting for an outcome on)
3) The FULL session video , not just the 2 seconds you are shown. You want the video so you can check that all the correct tests were completed and that the operator formed prior opinion that you were speeding before zapping you (yeah right!)

Remember that anyone can read this forum, including the scamera partnerships so I again suggest you make a modest investment and have this moved to a safer area, i.e the BB & G forum.
djzian
would anyone be able to come to the hearing with me for a bit of moral support??

many thanks
DJZIAN
djzian
Dear all

I received two letters from the scammers 2day in reply to the ones i sent them, shown above.

the first says the following: -

"Further your letter dated * April 2007, would you please write back and confirm with compelling reasons why the court should adjourn your case to await the outcome of the decision of the ECHR in the cases of O'Halloran and Francis.

I note from previous correspondance that you are also disputing the accuracy of the speed camera device. I must tell you that the court will not be able to hear the information from the news article unless you intend to produce the BBC producer concerned to prove the voracity of the article. Should you wish to produce your own expert evidence in this case you should seek legal adive and you can contact Dr Clark through Mr Berry Culshaw a solicitor at Blake Lapthorn Tarlo Lyons."

and the second letter i received from them says: -

"I acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding the above case, which is receiving attention. It will not be necessary for you to attend the above hearing."

Firstly why should i give them compelling reasons for adjournment, this case rests on the decsion of the O'Halloran and Francis case like many others around the country, surly they know this????

Also i am disputing the accuracy of the cameras, but surly any question of the cameras being inaccurate should be investigated. The cross-hair was pointed at the bumper of my car, which is curved, which in turn could cause slip as pointed out on the BBC Points West Programme.

And also them saying that i do not need to attend the Hearing, why is this?? The other day they were saying that i had to turn up and now there saying that i dont! Should i turn up or not?? Or shall i write to them acknowledging there letter and send it special delivery and ask them to write back to me with the outcome of the hearing on friday??

Also please could you tell me why they are still putting cases through the courts after signing the PACE statement, i thought the whole idea was completing a pace statement was so that it could not be used in court without a caution, and i have not been cautioned!!??

Many Thanks
DJZIAN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.