Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SP 30 case heard in abscence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Gather
I recieved a fixed penalty ticket from an officer with a hand held radar, it was in 40's in a 30 limit.
The officer said "I will be reported for consideration of the question of prosecuting me" Is this the same thing as the NIP?

I submitted documents at local staion, and nothing was sent to me for three months. I moved address shortly after the ticket, and assumed that I wasnt being prosecuted.

I have just heard that the case had been tried in my abscence and I have been awarded 5 points and quite a large fine.

I understand it should be 3 points for this offence, but the main question is, is this prosecution valid if I didnt recieve the summons?
Teufel
you need to speak to a lawyer to have the case set aside for retrial

from what you say your ECHR rights have been abused
Art 5 and 6
crystal
Hi,

Did you tell the DVLA you had moved ? You need to speak the court ans say youdid not recive anything, a solictor may help.
The points will depend on the speed. How did you find out about it ?

Regards
Crystal
Gather
Hi Crystal, yes I informed the DVLA, the license has had my new address on it since March. I only found out by chance. The letter from the court said my driving licence will be sent to me from DVLA so Im expecting at my new address.

Hi Dominic, do you have a link to ECHR articles 4+5?
Peter_D
How fast did they say you whers traveling. It make a difference and you only say 40's. Regards Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.