Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN by TFL into an ULEZ- urgent
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
philou
Dear All,

Am in the right section of the forum for a PCN for driving into a ULEZ at 3:54am, issued by TFL? There is no proper location evidence provided (just a street name) and the picture evidence only shows my number plate. Please kindly advise. Thank you
PASTMYBEST
Needs to be in the council and decriminalized forum I will ask a mod to move.

Post up the PCN and go online and see if there are any more pics. These are hard to fight. What vehicle were you driving? go What classification is no the v5c
philou
Hi Pastmybest,
Thanks for the prompt reply. Please see attached PCN. Thank you. I was driving a 2Litre diesel car. I had a look online for further photo evidence but quality is bad and it was very dark anyway. Only one of photos shows the reg. Location wise, it mentions the name of the street in Elephant and Castle area(being in south London).
Based on what's uploaded, what will be your thoughts please?
Thanks
PASTMYBEST
Stick your reg in here

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-...lez-vrm-checker

These are very difficult to fight. We have hammered TfL over the years on their documents being non compliant and they have now sorted them out so no help there.

Some of us believe that the signage is not adequate to inform you there is a charge but this is not as yet accepted by the tribunal and will take a fair bit of work to get there.

also check here

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ConfirmVehicle

it should give a euro rating for the vehicle, also let us know the year of manufacture
philou
Thanks for the help again!
First link confirms vehicle is "subject to ULEZ".
As for second link, " Euro status: Not available " and year of manufacture is 2005.
If their photo evidence isn't clear and if there were no noticeable/visible signs at the location of the alleged contravention, will these still stand? And the thing is I don't even remember seeing anything that would have triggered my attention. sad.gif
What are your thoughts on the next steps please?
Thanks.
Incandescent
TfL will not accept their signs are inadequate to inform of the restrictions, and a recent adjudication was wholly unsatisfactory and may be subject to a review, but London Tribunals seem to have gone native on the ULEZ. There is not a hint that a payment may be required. Other thing is that the penalties are grotesquely large, so if you take TfL to adjudication and lose it will cost you £180.
philou
Hi Incandescent, thanks for your input there. However what did you mean by the tribunals going native and not a hint that a payment may be required? I didn't quite grasp.
Sorry.
On another note, would you be of the view to bite the dust n cough up now though?
Thanks again.
hcandersen
Putting legalities to one side for a moment:

The car was in the zone:
You were driving;
You did or didn't know about the zone's existence and your car's emissions status?
You did or didn't see the signs, not I might not have seen the signs, but whether you did or not. It's not necessarily a defence but as has been made clear there are few potential defences so at least let's establish the facts and if you did not see then examine whether this was your or the authority's fault.

IMO, the bottom line is that unless you can show that the signs were not in place, then I'd just pay the discount. Current knowledge suggests that forensic analysis of the PCN, websites and goodness knows what else is not time well spent.
philou
HCA,
Thanks for the input. Admittedly I wasn't aware of the relevant regulation changes as I am usually only in the country during the summer breaks and absent for most part of the year. I am guessing that such ground won't probably stand and which will leave me with the only option of settling it.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (philou @ Sat, 7 Sep 2019 - 19:37) *
HCA,
Thanks for the input. Admittedly I wasn't aware of the relevant regulation changes as I am usually only in the country during the summer breaks and absent for most part of the year. I am guessing that such ground won't probably stand and which will leave me with the only option of settling it.

unless you are happy to be a trailblazer with the full amount at risk paying the discount is the best option
philou
Fair enough. Noted.
Thank you all for the invaluable input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.