Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First parking - Lancaster University
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
cjard
looking for advice on this one:

Grandma works for the university and as such has a staff permit. Ordinarily when the family goes up there with her she puts her permit in the family car but on this occasion she didn't and the vehicle was ticketed (on the windscreen). Grandma has since "spoken to someone at the uni who said to write to the parking company and it would just be cancelled". Grandma then "filled in an online form" (i think on the PPC's website.. It's like watching a train wreck happening isn't it?) claiming that [someone else] drove her up there (i've no idea who drove; a few people in the family are insured on that car and I was working elsewhere at the time - i don't have any accurate details on whether there was a direct claim of who was driving, the PPC's form might have just said "were you driving? yes/no" but then she maight have made a claim as to who was driving in the "state your case" box), but she forgot to put her permit in the car and gave the permit details

PPC have responded saying (paraphrase) "tough luck; we have reviewed photographic evidence and your appeal info and we're rejecting it. It is the driver's responsibility to display a valid permit and the permit provided is not registered to this vehicle. You broke the T&Cs, we think the ticket was valid in the eyes of the BPA CoP and are unable to waive the charge. Take it up with POPLA because our appeal process is over"

I now have about 2.5 hours to opt to pay their reduced fleecing, or press on and risk the higher price. I don't have the ticket to hand (grandma has it still) and I don't currently have any pics of the signage. This is my first PPC in a long time; the last time I got one "ignore" was the stock advice. Anyone able to give any direction on this?

Thanks!
The Rookie
Whoever gave that advice was a total ignoramus, it was NEVER going to be cancelled on that basis.

Suggests she goes back quickly and talks to someone with the first clue.

Meantime as presumably granny wasn’t driving, have the details of the driver been given away in that appeal? simple yes or no. NEVER reveal who was driving in any way.

If they don’t know who was driving you probably have a good chance at POPLA, most people (who get clued up) end up paying nothing so the reduced amount isn’t really an incentive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.