Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POPLA Appeal Rejected
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Con1750
Hello,

Just looking for some advice regarding a PCN I received. This has gone through the appeal stage and over to POPLA after who have then ruled against it.

Unfortunately I hadn't found this forum and the advice given here before doing both appeals.

Basically I received a ticket when visiting a friends flat the parking has ANPR there and requires a check in when entering the residence on an iPad in the foyer. After entering the car reg it just simply says "Registration Validated" no receipt is given or proof of parking or anything. All good, then a ticket turns up a few weeks later in the post saying they had no record of my reg being entered. I was pretty annoyed as i've parked here a bunch of times after and not received a ticket.

Do I have any other options at this point? I'm not so worried about the cash just don't want to give these clowns any of my money as it just seems like an unfair cash grab to me. I can post up the appeal if need be.

Thanks in advance
Redivi
Which company and why did POPLA reject the appeal ?

The usual reason is that you couldn't provide evidence that you made the registration
Jlc
Smart...

There was a 100% appeal route about the driver but that's gone. They are not currently litigious but do have 6 years to decide.
The Rookie
Was the identity of the driver given away in the appeal (just answer yes or no), using 'I' would do that.

If it wasn't immediately edit your first post, refer to the driver as 'the driver' you were sent the notice and are appealing as 'the keeper'.

That was a dead cert loss at POPLA, guaranteed, if the driver ID was given away you would have been better off not appealing at all, your only ways forward are
1/ Pay (not recommended)
2/ Ignore (BUT FILE) any future communications unless it is a 'letter before action/claim' or court papers from Northants court. But write a simply response to Smart as to why you will not be paying (so as to appear reasonable').
Con1750
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 21 Aug 2019 - 04:57) *
Was the identity of the driver given away in the appeal (just answer yes or no), using 'I' would do that.

If it wasn't immediately edit your first post, refer to the driver as 'the driver' you were sent the notice and are appealing as 'the keeper'.

That was a dead cert loss at POPLA, guaranteed, if the driver ID was given away you would have been better off not appealing at all, your only ways forward are
1/ Pay (not recommended)
2/ Ignore (BUT FILE) any future communications unless it is a 'letter before action/claim' or court papers from Northants court. But write a simply response to Smart as to why you will not be paying (so as to appear reasonable').

Unfortunately I did give my identity away yes. So appeal routes are exhausted, im not really overly worried about the cost I just don't want to give these clowns any of it as I didn't violate any of their terms.
Redivi
Follow the #2 advice in Post #4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.