Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Highview parking charge notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Abzo
Hi, Wondering if anyone on here can help. A parking charge notice was received in the post today from Highview parking company.

Alleged contravention: Exceeding Maximum stay limit of 2 hours
Duration of stay: 2 hours 29 mins
Date of recorded contravention: 24/07/2019
Date of notice: 02/08/2019
Date received by Keeper of vehicle: 12/08/2019

As this was received by the keeper of the vehicle 19 days after the alleged contravention by the driver is there any grounds to appeal this with any success?

Would appreciate any help in regards to this parking charge notice

Picture of the charge notice: https://ibb.co/28z7n9s
Jlc
QUOTE (Abzo @ Mon, 12 Aug 2019 - 20:48) *
As this was received by the keeper of the vehicle 19 days after the alleged contravention by the driver is there any grounds to appeal this with any success?

Yup, dead easy:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc
Abzo
Thanks for your reply and help Jlc, I will make the appeal and see what comes of it. wink.gif
128Donkey
The circumstances you are describing are exactly the same as mine (with Highview). Thanks to the advice of the good people on Pepipoo I appealed and I had an email a couple of days ago to say that the penalty was being withdrawn and my appeal was successful.

It sounds like Highview issue a lot of very late notifications with false information and I'm sure they'll fold. Follow the advice and don't pay or name the driver. Job done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.