Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parallel Parking Ltd - Parking Charge Notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
KeithBaseley
Hi all,

I received a parking charge notice from private company Parallel Parking Ltd for 'stopping/parked on double yellow lines' whilst collecting from Euro Car Parts in Phoenix Way, Coventry due to the car park being at max capacity. From what I understand this company is not a member of the BPA or the IPC so they have obtained my details from the DVLA without the necessary authorisation. The signage in the area is also extremely poor, along with the grey area of double yellow line meanings upon private land.

What would you recommend in respect to this charge, should I ignore all correspondence or reply with the above points, expressing that I do not intend to pay? I have attached the charge notice for reference.

PCN 1
PCN 2

Many Thanks,
Keith
Jlc
Can we see a redacted scan of the PCN? They don't even claim BPA/IPC membership?

No signage of GSV.

Would like to see the signs too!

The company (11977657) has only recently been incorporated (May 2019).
KeithBaseley
QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 12 Aug 2019 - 20:43) *
Can we see a redacted scan of the PCN? They don't even claim BPA/IPC membership?

No signage of GSV.

Would like to see the signs too!

The company (11977657) has only recently been incorporated (May 2019).

I have attached a link to the PCN. You are correct in saying that GSV doesn't show any signage but if the company has only been established since May 2019 they may have recently constructed signage around the area, I will double check when I am next in the area.

Many Thanks,
Keith
Jlc
£60 discounted to £60 laugh.gif

We are a reputable operator - member of an ATA... blink.gif

Claims to be IPC - here.

Doesn't engage Protection of Freedoms Act...
ostell
Was there a windscreen ticket?

No matter, they have not given the warning of keeper liability required by POFA 8 or 9 (2) (f) and therefore there can be no keeper liability.
KeithBaseley
QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 12 Aug 2019 - 21:41) *
Was there a windscreen ticket?

No matter, they have not given the warning of keeper liability required by POFA 8 or 9 (2) (f) and therefore there can be no keeper liability.

No there was no windscreen ticket. In fact the penalty charge only arrived a couple of days ago despite the offence taking place at the beginning of July! Would you recommend no action/reply to be sent to the company?

Many Thanks,
Keith
ManxRed
No, don't ignore.

Send them a letter AS THE REGISTERED KEEPER, stating that they have failed to comply with Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 9 (2) (f) and as such cannot transfer liability for this from the driver to the keeper of the vehicle.

Point out that you are under no legal obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

Tell them not to contact you again.

They will more than likely reject this (like most bottom feeding IPC members, they are desperate for money so that the owner can manage parking operations for their client get rich as quickly as possible), but at least you've been reasonable, have engaged with them, and highlighted to them that you realise how weak a case they have against you.
Sheed
Hi all,
I am in the exact same situation as Keith. Same company, same place and the same charge; just a few days after Keith.

I've never been in this situation before and was wondering how I should reply to them? What information to highlight?

What should I expect after the letter? And how I should move forward after this?

What to do in regards to how they obtained my information without being on the Ipc register?

Kind regards,
Sheed
Redivi
Hello Sheed

The Forum has a one-case-one-thread rule

Please start your own
Dave65
and keep all documents etc, don`t be tempted to throw anything away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.