Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIXED PENALTY NOTICE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
andrewheaney
*MODS - YOU MAY NEED TO MOVE THIS, I HAVE SEARCHED BUT CANT FIND AN IDEAL PLACE FOR THIS*

I was issued with a FPN on the 10th July for my number plates being illegal. They are very plain, no borders or italics, just about 2mm shorter than standard. I bought the car with them on.

However, surely the FPN should be filled in correctly for it to be enforceable?

Where is says MAKE MODEL COLOUR the PC has entered the right information the wrong way round. As a result have I any chance in getting it over turned?

Many Thanks

Andrew
g_attrill
No chance with that error, but are you sure it was the 2mm out? Even BSAU145d allows about 1.5mm as a natural variation in the sizing.

If you mean 2cm then given it is non-endorsable just pay up and replace the plates.

Gareth
Peter_D
Are you sure it is not the spacing or the font rather than the height. Regards Peter
dave the nutter
just a thought, but is your car an import? over a certain age? is it possible the officer didn't know the full regulations, as they are different dependant on age of the vehicle etc, it may just be worth getting an MOT garage or similar to look them over, also check on the net for the full regs
DVLA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.