Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NIP Wizard] A Unique Problem that's driving me mad!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Bangers_Mash
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - February 2019
Date of the NIP: - 125 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 125 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - Travelodge, Bradford
Was the NIP addressed to you? - No
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - I had hired the car
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I would really appreciate some advice on what I can do because it seems my issue is one which does not often arise?
I stayed at a Travelodge for 4 days recently and parked my car with a valid Blue Disabled Badge clearly displayed at all times. The signs in the car park clearly said that Disabled Badge holders could park free. I have photographs of the signs to prove this.
Since then, APCOA have sent me FOUR PCN's.
I have appealed all 4 on the grounds that no offence had been committed and APCOA replied, demanding a copy of my badge. I declined, saying that if required, I would produce it in Court but that they had no right to view it.
Since then, they have ignored all correspondence from me including my request that they formally cancel the PCN's, take legal action against me or give me the code required by POPLA for them to consider my case.
The complication is that the car I was driving (and parking) was hired from Hertz and they have charged me 4 lots of £42.00 "Administration Fees" which, as the tickets were incorrectly issued (as no offence had taken place), I believe should be paid by APCOA but with them going silent on me and POPLA not wanting to be involved until I get the codes from them - which they will not send me - I don't know what to do?
Again, any help or advice anyone could offer would be very, very much appreciated?
Thanks

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Do nothing!

The police are not requesting the information from you, they are requesting it from the person the NIP is addressed to.
    Wait until you receive a NIP addressed to you personally, then come back here.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 12:05:16 +0000
TryOut
It may be likely that the charges are cancelled on production of your badge. If you don't send a copy as requested, it is highly likely that the charges will stand.

Why object to providing evidence of your entitlement, it's what it is for?
Redivi
This needs moving to the Private Parking Forum

Check the Hertz Terms and Conditions to see if they can charge for private tickets
If not, refer the case to the credit card company as an unauthorised transaction

Send a copy of the Blue Badge

If APCOA cancels the Notices, demand that Hertz refunds the charges
If it won't, Letter Before Claim to APCOA

Did APCOA issue windscreen tickets, or were you required to register the car at reception ?
Always appeal windscreen tickets when hire cars are involved to avoid precisely this problem
southpaw82
You have a duty to co-operate in order to resolve the issue. Send a copy of your blue badge and stop being awkward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.