Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane PCN - Camden - Southampton Row - I require the video
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Chicken_Satay
Hi all,

I received a PCN from Camden council, having apparently been captured by our good old friend, the Southampton Row bus lane camera. Please see a scan of the PCN below.

I've already tried to contest the PCN on the basis that there was minimal intrusion to the bus lane and the fact that none of the images show my vehicle's registration in the bus lane, and no video evidence was supplied.

The bottom left image is out of sequence (it should be the last image) and has captured my registration, but not in a bus lane. I need the video to determine if I was in the bus lane or not.

I have tried using different devices and browsers to view the video evidence but it has not been possible. Today I tried viewing the PCN online again but I'm now receiving the technical issue message as shown below.

How can I possibly view the video?

Since my initial challenge has already been rejected, I now only have until Tuesday this week to pay the discounted rate. I'm reluctant to pay it until I have seen evidence to prove it was actually me in the bus lane and I do not have this yet.

stamfordman
This is a well know location for us.

I can usually get Camden videos - PM me the details.
Chicken_Satay
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 4 Aug 2019 - 16:45) *
This is a well know location for us.

I can usually get Camden videos - PM me the details.

That's great if you can get the video, thanks. I can PM you the details. As an everyday man on the street though, shouldn't I be able to view the video of my own accord and how can Camden council expect to enforce these PCNs if everyday people like me cannot view the videos? It's not as if I'm a computer/digital novice either...
stamfordman
Councils use a variety of systems, some are old. Some don't have online pics let alone video. But if they rely on video they will make it available to you even it means going to their office.
Chicken_Satay
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Sun, 4 Aug 2019 - 16:56) *
Councils use a variety of systems, some are old. Some don't have online pics let alone video. But if they rely on video they will make it available to you even it means going to their office.

Since the PCN was issued without me being able to view the video first time round, doesn't that automatically disqualify the PCN? That's what I stated to them at the time i.e. I was basing my objection of the photographic evidence which did not show me in a bus lane. If they then supply the video evidence at a later date, surely that counts as a re-issue of the PCN which isn't legal?

It's not my fault - or that of anybody else outside the council - that they are using an old system that does not work with most modern computers.

I appreciate your offer of getting the video for me, but if I wanted to, how do I get the video via official means?
stamfordman
Ask them for it.

But as you are enforcement stage we may as well get it if online - if you look at other cases you'll see I've been successful before.
PASTMYBEST
You have no right in law to get the video before adjudication so don't get hung up on it and let stamf help you so that we can all help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.