Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple tickets query
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
FPFP2000
Hello

I recently received between 6 speeding tickets in a two week period from a stretch of average speed cameras that I use every day for work.

The speed was 57 in a 50 and I've been driving that road daily since November.

The worst part is that by the time I received the first notice I had already clocked up 6 offences so had no real option to alter my behaviour

I'm assuming I'm.screwed and I'm gonna get a ban but some advice would be appreciated.
Jlc
Return all the driver nominations together and add a covering letter asking (begging) them to consider dropping some of the offences as you didn’t have to opportunity to regulate your driving.

However, you are expected to abide by the limit at all times and they may not agree you needed such an opportunity.

I presume the signage is all correct? Might also be worth checking the TRO (Traffic order) - this depends on which road this was as to who you contact.

Unfortunately, you should prepare yourself for a totting ban. Upon reaching 12 points you will be banned for at least 6 months unless you can submit a successful exceptional hardship plea. This can potentially reduce it to none. The impact on others carries more weight - the loss of a job, in itself, is not necessarily considered exceptional. It's worth noting how the points were accumulated are not a factor.
FPFP2000
Thanks for the response. Has writing a letter ever worked?
BaggieBoy
Possibly, however not writing a letter has never worked.
FPFP2000
Yeah, I'll give it a go.

I'm assuming I'll have to take this to court.
big_mac
QUOTE (FPFP2000 @ Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 23:00) *

There have been at least a couple that did
FPFP2000
I get what your saying and while I dont intend to be dishonest with the police I will be disputing the offences.

I talked to a solicitor who advised to admit to the first offence and dispute the rest so that at least 3 stand the chance of being removed.

I intend to dispute as I'm a bit concerned by the data on the forms. Each form supplied has the exact same speed and time of offence. 57mph and the time at 6.17am. While I'm sure i was driving on those days at roughly that time I dont think I'm that punctual to go exactly the same speed and leave the house at exactly the same time on 6 different occasions.
Redivi
Ask the police for the photographs "to identify" the driver
Irksome
I suggest you post up the NIP’s here (redacted) as I think your solicitors suggestion could be an expensive course of action.
Jlc
QUOTE (FPFP2000 @ Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 23:00) *

Yes.

QUOTE (prolaser4lover @ Thu, 25 Jul 2019 - 01:31) *
For example if 3 out of the 6 were defiantly you and you accept, and the other 3 you were unsure of you can state this on the forms they sent you.

I had a case where I wasn't sure who was driving so I put two names down on the form and advised I couldn't remember which person was driving. Neither of us were ever contacted again.

...which is a great way of getting 6 points instead of 3.

QUOTE (FPFP2000 @ Thu, 25 Jul 2019 - 06:22) *
Each form supplied has the exact same speed and time of offence. 57mph and the time at 6.17am. While I'm sure i was driving on those days at roughly that time I dont think I'm that punctual to go exactly the same speed and leave the house at exactly the same time on 6 different occasions.

All 6 are 57mph and 6:17?

I guess the 57 is explainable by setting your cruise control to 60 for example but exactly the same time is unusual...
FPFP2000
It's the exact speed and time that's weird for me. It's very unlikely that I left the house at the exact same minute on each day.but the times are identical and so are the speeds.

It's possible I suppose but pretty weird. Never thought I was that punctual

QUOTE (Irksome @ Thu, 25 Jul 2019 - 09:02) *
I suggest you post up the NIP’s here (redacted) as I think your solicitors suggestion could be an expensive course of action.

Why do you say that?
Jlc
Ok, but all different dates?

I would make a bemused phone call and see what they say...
FPFP2000
Yeah I'm gonna try that but put it in writing to them, my assumption is that ringing up will just get some desk jockey who will fobb you off.

Could be wrong on that though
Irksome
I wouldn’t be putting it in writing ....
FPFP2000
QUOTE (Irksome @ Thu, 25 Jul 2019 - 10:10) *
I wouldn’t be putting it in writing ....

Why not?

Genuine question, not a challenge.
southpaw82
QUOTE (FPFP2000 @ Thu, 25 Jul 2019 - 09:53) *
QUOTE (Irksome @ Thu, 25 Jul 2019 - 09:02) *

Why do you say that?

If you have no defence to the allegation then going to court is always going to be more expensive than accepting a fixed penalty.
Irksome
The call route is informal and unlikely to result in any negative results. Putting this in writing might be considered a ‘challenge’ to the validity and could see undesirable results.
Mr Rusty
Do you have location tracking on your phone? If so you should be able to see the actual times of your journey, and if there is any variance in start time which would tend to suggest that the offence times could not be identical. In android google maps => your timeline
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.