Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stopped on a bus stop in Kentish Town rd
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
PCN fines
Hello all,

I got a ticket for stopping at a bus stop to drop off a passenger on Kentish Town Rd NW5.

Ticket is attached any way I can challenge.
All I can see on the PCN is the wording on the 1st paragraph about date of service and I don’t see any contravention code.

Appreciate any help or advice

Thanks

cp8759
You could post the video but it looks banged-to-right as far as I can see.
Incandescent
OP, did you know about restricted bus stops when you stopped to alight a passenger ? These are "No Stopping" restrictions, so boarding/alighting passengers is not an exemption as it is on both single and double yellow lines. I fear that CP8759 is right; you are bang-to-rights and would be best paying the discount and putting this down as a Learning Opportunity in Life's Rich Pageant !

You can, of course, check that the bus stop is correctly marked and has the obligatory sign for "No Stopping except local buses", but I suspect it has these. GSV may show it.
PASTMYBEST
Kentish town road is 1.4 kilometres long and I count 7 bus stops. Which one? If you were driving my car and I got the PCN how could I check. This is called vague location and is an appeal point
PCN fines
Ok I’ll have to check the sign but is the wording correct on the PCN.
cp8759
QUOTE (PCN fines @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 12:47) *
Ok I’ll have to check the sign but is the wording correct on the PCN.

If it doesn't specify the location with sufficient accuracy, then no.
PCN fines
I hope you can clarify something for me please.
Don’t the signs need to be facing towards the road and not turned toward either side if that makes sense, I have uploaded 3 photos to make my point. If the sign is not facing the road and is turned a driver can’t see the sign if they are driving from the opposite side of the road. What does the law say.

Thanks
PASTMYBEST
What have they got to do with a bus stop contravention?
PCN fines
I’m just getting clarification for future reference while I’m in this conversation
Neil B
QUOTE (PCN fines @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 21:14) *
I’m just getting clarification for future reference while I’m in this conversation

Why would you need future reference?
Incandescent
+1
OP, these signs are totally irrelevant to your PCN that you have asked advice on. You need to check the actual bus stop for the markings and signs. In addition, you have an appeal point from PMB which in legal terms is called "vague locus".
cp8759
QUOTE (PCN fines @ Tue, 25 Jun 2019 - 21:14) *

If you want clarification on signs in general, start a thread in the flame pit, or maybe read the Traffic Signs Manual. For the purposes of your PCN, PMB has given you a valid ground of appeal, which you appear to be ignoring for some reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.