Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disabled badge on double yellow in Kingston upon Thames
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Cupra1234
Hi all thanks in advance for any input which may help me from throwing my money away to the council.

The person in question parked on a double yellow outside Kingston hospital with a disabled badge clearly on display.

According to the hospital attendant a few years ago he said that it was fine to park on the double yellow and previously there were loads of people doing the same.

Since change in parking regulations there is no longer an attendant present.

Pictures taken by the traffic warden are included, also I have included a screenshot of the Kingston borough website where they clearly state that parking on double yellow is fine using a disabled badge.

If you have anymore questions please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks in advance again for any help.

Pictures

Steve_999
It was not issued because of the double yellow lines, but because of the loading restrictions (yellow blips on the kerbstones). The Blue Badge does not give an exemption to those restrictions.
localdriver
Unfortunately the Blue Badge exemption on yellow lines does not apply where there are loading restrictions in force.
hcandersen
OP, a little selective in your choice of references:

https://www.kingston.gov.uk/info/200197/sus...lic_transport/6

Blue Badge holders may park on a single or double yellow line for up to three hours except where there is a ban on loading or unloading, as indicated by an adjacent time plate and markings on the kerb beside the yellow line(s)
Cupra1234
Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to pay the ticket. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. All the best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.