Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOUTHAMPTON ROW BUS LANE PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Bobby0504
Hey i need help please

I have received a PCN from Camden Council today (4/6/19) for 'Being in a bus lane' which was caught on camera. The incident occurred on 25/05/2019 and the PCN is dated 31/05/19.

I started to maneuver into the bus lane approximately two metres before it ended, ready to turn left at the junction.
The first image on the PCN clearly shows that I had started to cross into the lane.

IMAGES and PCN are here and attached.

I've never received anything like this before and thus have no idea whether I have any grounds to appeal, so would love some advice. Also i'm unfamiliar with the area as i live i the east midlands and was obviously relying on my SATNAV for directions. I noticed on the pictures the bus lane isn't red like where i live.

I have tried to access the CCTV footage online using multiple devices and browsers but can't see any CCTV footage or images online. Reason I want to see it is to back up my case that I only entered the lane at the last moment.
copy of PCN Letter

Thanks in advance.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
cp8759
PM me the PCN details and I'll try and pull the video.
cp8759
There's no video on the site, I suggest you email the council and ask them for it. Also post up the rest of the PCN, use an external site like imgur.com or imgbb.com if you run out of space.
Bobby0504
Thanks for your help. I will email the council about the video. The picture that I included in the first post on the thread is the only letter I got.
stamfordman
The video will probably be there - I can usually get Camden video so PM me the details and I'll double check. You need an old Windows set up which I have as a virtual machine.
Bobby0504
Does anyone know the email or number to ask the council for the video? It’s not clearly shown on their site and the number in the letter seems to only be for payment.

Thanks in advance
stamfordman
See post #5.
stamfordman
Well I checked and there is indeed nought - no video, no pics. Unusual for Camden but not unusual for councils to have glitches with their systems.
Bobby0504
Thank you for taking the time to try and find the video. I’m a bit unsure as to where to go from here. Do you think I have any case fighting it from the pictures provided on the PCN? I’m not local to London, I was following my satnav and had to filter into the left lane. From the perspective of being in the drivers seat, and being fairly short- I could only see the broken lines ahead and saw the bus lane had ended, so as far as I could see- it was totally fine to move into the left lane. Looking at the pictures on the PCN, the bus in the middle lane was making me make that manoeuvre slightly early, and not all of my car was even in the bus lane, but judging from some of the other posters in the forum, some of these arguments won’t be accepted (such as the 20 metre leeway. I clearly was less than 20 meters) and it’s just a means of them to rake money.

Thanks for any help, in advance.
stamfordman
Well with London bus lanes you get a two part process like a parking ticket - you can make a no risk challenge in which you must include the fact that the video is not available to confirm your recall of the event. They will no doubt find the video should they reject for the next stage, which would be a formal enforcement notice to which you get another bite if we think it's worth it.

Draft something and post here first.
Irksome
Do some research on here first - you will find that this is a very very frequent location reported here. There is a search facility at the top of the page.
PASTMYBEST
Looking at the stills within the PCN it is clear you crossed the line, it is also clear it was a matter of only a few yards and there was no advantage gained a good shot at de minimis
Bobby0504
I have drafted this letter, can someone check if it's ok before i send it please

Dear Sir/Madam

I write with reference to the PCN CU5343418A letter dated 31ST May 2019.

I am contacting you to request all evidence in support of the alleged contravention. As the images on the letter only show the vehicle partially entering what is alleged to be a bus lane. There is no other images or video evidence on the web page mentioned on the letter.

I require all evidence to support any suggestion of when the vehicle fully entered and continued to drive in the bus lane, how far it travelled along the bus lane, whether any signage next to the road was sufficient at the time of the alleged contravention and whether any signage on the road was sufficient at the time of the alleged contravention.
I ask that photographic evidence showing the signage related to the alleged bus lane at the time of the alleged contravention (i.e. not some weeks after the event) is supplied to me.
I believe that in order for the driver to make any payment (and indeed admit fault) they must be satisfied that they did breach the regulations and the burden of proof is on the Camden Council – as far as I can see from the response, this has not been done.

Regards,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.