Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Norfolk Police catch some speeders
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
Jlc
BBC

Nice to see same car as mine doing 146mph laugh.gif (M140i)
Slapdash
QUOTE (Jlc @ Sun, 12 May 2019 - 20:24) *
BBC

Nice to see same car as mine doing 146mph laugh.gif (M140i)

I guess they won't be needing it for a while.

Anyway at 146 he wasn't trying very hard. My M135 will hit the limiter very easily and quickly.
The Rookie
Do we know that it was the 1-series caught at 146? I'm not convinced that's a 135 tailpipe but it's poor quality and hard to be sure, it may even be a 'library picture'.

Jlc
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 13 May 2019 - 05:25) *
Do we know that it was the 1-series caught at 146? I'm not convinced that's a 135 tailpipe but it's poor quality and hard to be sure, it may even be a 'library picture'.

Yes, follow to the Police twitter feed and they confirm it... Here.
Jlc
QUOTE (Slapdash @ Sun, 12 May 2019 - 22:48) *
My M135 will hit the limiter very easily and quickly.

I miss my 135 in some ways - far better exhaust sound.
jdh
Police said they were "shocked" to catch six drivers speeding at more than 100mph (160km/h) within one afternoon,

They don't check that bit of road very often then, I used to use it regularly and those sort of speeds were not unusual at all.
typefish
People responded on the social media site with comments that included "madness", "hope they all get banned" and "gobsmacked"

I look forward to when no one attends their emergency as all the police officers have received bans from driving
samthecat
QUOTE (typefish @ Mon, 13 May 2019 - 14:46) *
People responded on the social media site with comments that included "madness", "hope they all get banned" and "gobsmacked"

I look forward to when no one attends their emergency as all the police officers have received bans from driving

Eh?
typefish
QUOTE (samthecat @ Mon, 13 May 2019 - 15:09) *
QUOTE (typefish @ Mon, 13 May 2019 - 14:46) *

Eh?

It was a comment alluding to how people on social media immediately decry all instances of safe yet very quick driving as "dangerous" and "outrageous", yet fail to acknowledge that the police do this themselves.
southpaw82
QUOTE (typefish @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 17:08) *
It was a comment alluding to how people on social media immediately decry all instances of safe yet very quick driving as "dangerous" and "outrageous", yet fail to acknowledge that the police do this themselves.

Ah, well, you see, when the police do it they’re super duper drivers who have been on courses and the like and never have accidents but if they did it wouldn’t be their fault because blue lights and stuff, innit.
cp8759
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 18:27) *
QUOTE (typefish @ Tue, 14 May 2019 - 17:08) *

Ah, well, you see, when the police do it they’re super duper drivers who have been on courses and the like and never have accidents but if they did it wouldn’t be their fault because blue lights and stuff, innit.

To be fair though, one thing we can be reasonably confident about is that police vehicles, especially high powered ones, are very well maintained. I've never heard of a police accident happening because of bald tyres, faulty breaks or mechanical failure (I'm sure it will have happened at some point but it will be very rare).
typefish
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 19 May 2019 - 22:26) *
mechanical failure

Do blown tyres at 120mph count?
The Rookie
Obviously not as that very likely happened due to a foreign object on the road that NO level of maintenance could prevent.
cp8759
QUOTE (typefish @ Tue, 21 May 2019 - 09:26) *
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 19 May 2019 - 22:26) *
mechanical failure

Do blown tyres at 120mph count?

Well that's a British cop handling a dangerous situation remarkably well, and here's a US cop handing a routine situation remarkably badly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9feVp0RZvQ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.