Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus lane ticket - Lambeth
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
seanrof
Hello all, I am new to this forum, and wondered if anyone could offer any help or advice on a Bus lane ticket I received on Christmas eve last year from Lambeth Council and a fine of £130...
My wife had taken her car and parked it overnight at the Novotel Hotel, but was taken ill that day, so myself and my son went and collected the car the next day, on a Sunday at around 9am. The roads were empty. As you immediately exit the hotel, you enter a bus lane when you turn left, but it is almost impossible without knowing the area, to know that. As soon as I saw the bus lane markings I pulled out into the normal lane. I appealed the ticket twice now, both times refused, and have been given a date at a personal hearing in a few weeks.

Luckily, another guy has made a video of the exact scenario, which is linked below. Please take a look, and see if there are any issues or valid points I can raise in my defence.

There are a few points that I have noted along with what this kind guy has listed in his video, notably from the transport for London who state that 'if you want to turn left across a bus lane, an arrow or a dotted white line on the carriageway will indicate if this is permitted'....this does not have that , so how can you even enter the bus lane in the first place ? All junctions aside from this hotel exit provide ample warning you are about to enter a bus lane, and low and behold, this exit is the only one that has a council camera pointing straight at it.
I have also applied to Lambeth Council freedom of information regarding stats for tickets issued for cars exiting the hotel in comparison to just prior to the exit. I still have not received a reply.

Any info after watching the below video, would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Ruq-nHpi0...552657006198256
hcandersen
Where is the authority's video?

This is the primary evidence of the contravention, not your or the authority's recollections but a recording of the real- time events. You must have their evidence pack by now!

Let's not speculate about your thoughts, we all need to see the video.
seanrof
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Thu, 9 May 2019 - 10:58) *
Where is the authority's video?

This is the primary evidence of the contravention, not your or the authority's recollections but a recording of the real- time events. You must have their evidence pack by now!

Let's not speculate about your thoughts, we all need to see the video.

As stated in the post 'luckily a guy has made a video of the exact offence ' Within this youtube clip, if you watch it, will show the contravention, which is EXACTLY the same as mine. . I didnt see any point in uploading both
Starworshipper12
Sorry but that YouTube video is way too long, convoluted and has an annoying voiceover.

We need to see the video of YOUR contravention.
Incandescent
Only the council video will be looked at by the adjudicator so post it up here for advice.

You also need to post up the PCN too, and your reps and their response if you're going to have any chance of winning with our advice.
seanrof
QUOTE (Starworshipper12 @ Thu, 9 May 2019 - 11:43) *
Sorry but that YouTube video is way too long, convoluted and has an annoying voiceover.

We need to see the video of YOUR contravention.

Convoluted ? Not sure how. It would be impossible to give a balanced view without watching the short video, which outlines mitigating circumstances that could never be identified from the 4 second, birds eye view council video.
If you find the narrators voice annoying, dont want to view all of the footage, or even find that confusing , then perhaps you cant help anyway.

Anybody who doesnt find this well explained clip confusing, and is able to help, i would be most appreciative.

Thanks
DJ Lexy
A video of a different person driving a different car on a different day has nothing to do with your case.

Stop wasting other people's time.
PASTMYBEST
We have helped hundreds of people in the past, we do so based on knowledge of the relevant laws and experience. collectively we are pretty good at it. We have a procedure.

Post the PCN all pages. We will check that it complies

post the council CCTV we will check the evidence that will be presented to the adjudicator.

Post a google street view link. we will check the signage

We may look at a dashcam video taken by you at the time or very soon after. but a youtube video that is unknown will most likely not be accepted as evidence and unless the date is within a week or so of the contravention it wont matter anyway.

Adjudicators cannot consider mitigation

Start by posting what we need, or your right we cant help
seanrof
QUOTE (DJ Lexy @ Thu, 9 May 2019 - 16:36) *
A video of a different person driving a different car on a different day has nothing to do with your case.

Stop wasting other people's time.

I am also asking an opinion on this camera, which has everything to do with my case, which is detailed in this video. My offence was identical in location, direction and manouvre, as shown, just as many have been caught by this camera, as discussed on the you tube link. Just opinions are what I was after. What an effort this is, justifying a poxy query to sanctimonious bullies like you. I'll look elsewhere. Acc deleted
Starworshipper12
Your loss.
Mad Mick V
OP--- you are on the right track. You must contend that, on the day, you never passed any signs which either specified a bus lane or the times of operation of a bus lane. To my mind the broad white line is not enough.

IIRC this has been used to win an appeal at the notorious bus gate in Clapham Park Road (Lambeth again!) since the adjudicator agreed that the motorist entered from a side street and did not pass a bus lane sign.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.