Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bristol City Council PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Pythagoras
Hi All,

I have received a PCN from Bristol City Council for 'parking without payment of the parking charge'. I posted on MSE forums and they suggested that I try here. I was just wondering if I have a reasonable case to appeal and what the argument would be?

I park in this car park every day and pay using the Ringo app. I pay £12.20 for 16 hours parking, but it always cuts off at midnight, regardless of when you pay. I normally pay on the app straight away, but on the day in question I forgot and only remembered at lunchtime (about 13:00). I still paid £12.20 for 16 hours, but the receipt only shows I paid for 13.00 to midnight.

When I got to the car in the evening, I had a PCN issued at about 9am. I understand why this was issued, because I hadn’t paid at this point, but it does seem a little unfair that at 13.00 I still had to pay for 16 hours parking and then pay the penalty on top.

With hindsight, I should have checked the car when I realised I hadn’t paid for parking and not bothered paying when I realised that there was a PCN. Then I would only have to pay the £25 penalty. But I assume that’s not the attitude that they want people to take.

It seems that the council haven’t done anything wrong as such, but it feels wrong that I pay for a day’s parking and pay a fine for not paying for parking on the same day. Do I have any case?

Thanks for your help.
stamfordman
QUOTE (Pythagoras @ Thu, 25 Apr 2019 - 10:19) *
It seems that the council haven’t done anything wrong as such, but it feels wrong that I pay for a day’s parking and pay a fine for not paying for parking on the same day. Do I have any case?

No. They don't refund parking payments.

You can ask for discretion though as a regular customer (provide evidence, including payment for that day) and would they kindly cancel the PCN on this occasion and you will be careful to ensure in future you always pay at the time of parking.
PASTMYBEST
Post the PCN both sides, their are known flaws that could win an appeal
Pythagoras
I couldn't get any photos to attach to my original post. Hopefully these links work:

https://ibb.co/wW1PZGR

https://ibb.co/9Vb2Zj8

Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.