see here for how to compalin to the ombudmsan about maladministration
and injustice by local councils and their contractors and agents

this is for england - there are seperate ones for wales scotland and NI

you will need to have complained direct to the received an unsatisfactory

the ombudsman can order councils to make amends (including
financial compensation) and order councils to amned their practices
and procedures to ensure the same does not happen again

make use of it