Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shared Use Bays - Permit Holder and P&D
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
Creagle
Hi,

Looking for some clarity on a shared use bay please. Signage in question is in Lancaster and can be seen here: https://ibb.co/F8DRpJ5

Are permit holders allowed to park here at all times? Or just between 8-10am and 4-6pm and if they park during the P&D times but outside of the permit hours, i.e. between 10am and 4pm without a P&D ticket would they receive a PCN?

I understand it as they would receive a PCN purely from my interpretation of the sign, but this seems unreasonable for the residents if this is the case, both in terms of the cost and hassle of consistently P&Ding.

Many thanks
Chris
cp8759
Well maybe if you were to provide an in-focus picture of the sign we could tell you. Have you got a PCN?
Creagle
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 14 Apr 2019 - 20:55) *
Well maybe if you were to provide an in-focus picture of the sign we could tell you. Have you got a PCN?

I'll try and find another area with a similar sign and better street view imaging. No, but I'll likely be moving to the area soon and using a resident's permit.
cp8759
QUOTE (Creagle @ Sun, 14 Apr 2019 - 21:00) *

I'll try and find another area with a similar sign and better street view imaging. No, but I'll likely be moving to the area soon and using a resident's permit.

Then why don't you just ask the council? I'm sure they'll tell you where you can park.
Creagle

https://ibb.co/HKD3ZKN - Different sign - same wording smile.gif

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 14 Apr 2019 - 21:01) *

Then why don't you just ask the council? I'm sure they'll tell you where you can park.

Could do, I just thought there'd be people on here in the know who could help
cp8759
Permit holders can park there at all times. The "or" means that if you're not a permit holder, you can pay to par for an hour instead.
DancingDad
QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 14 Apr 2019 - 21:11) *
Permit holders can park there at all times. The "or" means that if you're not a permit holder, you can pay to par for an hour instead.

I'm not reading it that way.

First bit refers to permit holders... 8am to 10am, permit holders can park for free with permit, same in afternoon period between 4pm and 6pm.
Or
Second bit, 8am to 6pm, P&D.

There seems to be no allowance for permit holders between 10am and 4pm.
Between those time it is P&D only.
The Rookie
I agree with DD, the intent seems to be to allow permit holders to be parked either end of the daytime P&D but they must leave during the day and, apparently, overnight and all day Sundays (which seems a bit bizarre and possibly not what the council actually intended - having a long held respect for council incompetence).

OP is that really the same wording, as in EXACTLY the same (other than times/days).
DancingDad
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 15 Apr 2019 - 09:15) *
I agree with DD, the intent seems to be to allow permit holders to be parked either end of the daytime P&D but they must leave during the day and, apparently, overnight and all day Sundays (which seems a bit bizarre and possibly not what the council actually intended - having a long held respect for council incompetence).

OP is that really the same wording, as in EXACTLY the same (other than times/days).

Overnight and Sundays there are no restrictions.
Outside the restriction times...ie Mon to Sat 8am to 6pm, anyone can park.
To me the intent is to give permit holders chance to get a space when they come home from work and to give them some leeway in the morning.
And to keep parking spaces for P&D (shoppers ?) between 10am and 4pm.
TBH, if I was a resident around there, I would be a bit peeved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.