Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP 14 day rule
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
stewpots
I got flashed going up the M1 on 22/3 . I have heard nothing yet. Is the 14 day rule for NIPs …‘working days’.

Secondly when I got flashed there was a car coming up on my right side (4 lanes)

I assume any ‘flash’ would only identify one vehicle at a time and not show two ?
BaggieBoy
It's 14 calendar days. Are you the Registered Keeper and if so is the name/adderss on the V5C document correct?

There are two types on gantry mounted cameras:

HADECS2 - a camera over each lane
HADECS3 - a single camera mounted to the side of the main gantry

With the '2' it's a straightforward 1:1 relationship with a single camera (actually a radar) detecting a single speeding vehicle. With the '3' multiple speeding vehicles can be detected at the same time.

stewpots
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Wed, 3 Apr 2019 - 16:52) *
It's 14 calendar days. Are you the Registered Keeper and if so is the name/adderss on the V5C document correct?

There are two types on gantry mounted cameras:

HADECS2 - a camera over each lane
HADECS3 - a single camera mounted to the side of the main gantry

With the '2' it's a straightforward 1:1 relationship with a single camera (actually a radar) detecting a single speeding vehicle. With the '3' multiple speeding vehicles can be detected at the same time.

I moved address a few months ago but sent driving license (photo license) back and its all updated on line with new address , this was months ago.

I just called the DVLA they have my old old address on the V5C , will have to change that. I guess they will fine me. This was a genuine mistake but I assume they will find me

BaggieBoy
If they don't find you, you my end up with a MS90 on you driving licence and debt collectors at the door!
stewpots
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Thu, 4 Apr 2019 - 14:52) *
If they don't find you, you my end up with a MS90 on you driving licence and debt collectors at the door!

so what can I do ? I'm on 6 points already

This was a genuine mistake which I know doesn't mean anything apart from updating the V5C what can I do ?

Try and contact the local police authority ??

they will find me through my driving license I guess
Starworshipper12
Your driving license is something the DVLA deal with. The police may find you through insurance details, but anyway you could call the central ticket office to ask.
stewpots
QUOTE (Starworshipper12 @ Thu, 4 Apr 2019 - 15:42) *
Your driving license is something the DVLA deal with. The police may find you through insurance details, but anyway you could call the central ticket office to ask.

So I paid £43 for a solicitor re 'just ask' to say I should write to old address re had they received a NIP, waste of money that was.

I don't really want to give them my new address to the new owners of my old house. All the forwarding stuff finished ages ago (I moved a year ago)

the DVLA have old old address. I left there one year ago I moved to rented 6 months then to new home 6 months ago

Could I just call Herts or beds police . the camera was about 30 miles south of Bedford on M1 and ask them if they had sent a NIP

I don't think there are any other counties from M25 to 30 miles south of Bedford on M1 ?

Also I must have had a MOT docs sent to my previous address ? the rented one to get MOT done last June ?? Is MOT stuff based on driving licence changes

confused

Starworshipper12
MOT has nothing to do with your driving licence, and you’re probably overthinking this whole thing.

However you could call 01438 757677 to speak to the central ticket office that deals with the areas you’re concerned with.
stewpots
QUOTE (Starworshipper12 @ Thu, 4 Apr 2019 - 16:45) *
MOT has nothing to do with your driving licence, and you’re probably overthinking this whole thing.

However you could call 01438 757677 to speak to the central ticket office that deals with the areas you’re concerned with.

The MOT had my my old address (must have been forward to the rented address last June) I found the V5C was old old address. sent that off

Thanks rang the number they got no record of a offence being committed for my registration in last two weeks ,had one for 2017 which is correct

it did flash more then once may caught car coming up on inside. they said multi flashes will catch other vehicles

I don't know if they make a decision ' re not to proceed if car not much above the trigger but looks like this time I got lucky

Not sure what else I can do the guy I called I have his first name PIN number.

I have reason for this paranoia

The Rookie
MOT reminder doesn’t come from the DVLA, it comes from whoever did your last MOT.

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you!
Fredd
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 15:59) *
MOT reminder doesn’t come from the DVLA, it comes from whoever did your last MOT.

I know it's difficult to believe, but there is now actually a free official MoT reminder service! Only by email or text message though, not by post.
stewpots
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 5 Apr 2019 - 15:59) *

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you!

I’m looking out the window I can’t see anyone yet huh.gif

Interesting I phoned beds/Herts same force they found nothing I just gave my name and vehicle reg

I phone Northampton they found nothing and suggested most forces put details in and she was looking the national data base. Some forces like the Met don’t until after no response to the NIP

I phone Thames Valley responsible for Buckinghamshire who were the only force said I had put the request in writing, which I have

I was about 25 miles north of M25 on M1 , can you find a map of M1 with counties impossible .

I think as I was driving about 30 miles south of Bedford and Northampton is way north, I don’t think it was Northampton police

Anyway the court cant tell me I didn’t try (if in fact I ever did get a NIP)
Redivi
Assume you haven't been caught

If you haven't already done it, change the address for your car immediately

Updating a driving licence in the belief that it updates the car details must be the biggest single reason for S172 (Failure to identify driver) prosecutions, default CCJs for private car park tickets and the arrival of bailiffs following council tickets
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.