Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPECS NIP with missing entry details?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
shamen
Hello folks
Hope you can help? We have received a NIP for that lovely stretch of m20 motorway. Thing is, I am pretty sure the missus was not speeding at the time, it was a very windy day during the storms a few weeks back. I was following behind the missus in my car and was moaning at her as she was doing 45mph most of the way (even on the 70 stretches) as it was so windy.

When we logged into the kent police camera system, something that stuck out was the complete lack of entry details on the "evidence". it just has the exit side filled in - car reg, the time the avg speed check was exited and the speed. The "entry" side is completely blank and none of the other photos have any kind of timestamp

Sure, if we were speeding, then thats fine we pay it and move on. However, we remember the trip very well, are very sure we were not speeding. I was behind her and I have not received a ticket for my car.

Does the system not have to show us the entry time and identify which cameras were involved?

The Rookie
What entry details are you expecting?

SPECS is a very accurate and reliable system, it’s a lot more certain the car was doing 58 than not, if you were following then I guess it’s likley you have a NIP coming as well.
shamen
I was expecting perhaps the time of entry and some details about which paired cameras recorded it.

The NIP is 2 weeks old. There is no NIP for me.

just seems odd that theres only an exit record and no NIP for my car a few metres behind.
The Rookie
Is your car registered to you, not lease or company car or on finance where they are the registered keeper?

Not recently bought or a change of address?
Ocelot
What was the limit at the time she was allegedly doing 58mph?
Logician
I agree with you, it seems pointless to give only half the information. I would phone and ask.
The Rookie
I’m not sure it has ‘only given half the information’ the only relevant bit is the time and we don’t know if that is entry, exit or midpoint. I’d suggest it’s the only information they intend to give.
Logician
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 28 Mar 2019 - 08:02) *
I’m not sure it has ‘only given half the information’ the only relevant bit is the time and we don’t know if that is entry, exit or midpoint. I’d suggest it’s the only information they intend to give.

Well, if he rings up he will find out!

NewJudge
Don't forget that the request for driver's details must be complied with within the 28 days allowed, regardless of any problems resulting from what you have mentioned.
squaredeal
The time is always going to be the time the exit camera was passed, because it is only at that moment that an offence can be detected based on entry time, exit time and distance driven.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.