Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: French speeding violation notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sarahg1969
We've had one today, too.

Violation notice date 28/2/19
Date of offence: 27/8/18

Looking at other forums, quite a few people have been targeted. All similar dates, too.

Unfortunately, we are using the same car to drive to France in three weeks' time. May have to bite the bullet and pay, much as it pains me sad.gif
baroudeur
QUOTE (roythebus @ Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 03:01) *
I had one as well, dated September 2018. i can't remember whether it was me or my partner driving. It could have been either of us!

In France the "registered keeper", to whom the Avis de Contravention is sent, can name another as the driver at the time and failing to do so will automatically leave the RK liable. There is no equivalent of FTF in France.

The Service Publique France website has an interesting section regarding foreign offenders...

L'avis de contravention est adressé au conducteur dans la langue utilisée dans le document d'immatriculation de son véhicule ou dans une des langues officielles du pays d'immatriculation.

Translates as....

The notice of contravention shall be sent to the driver in the language used in the registration document of his vehicle or in one of the official languages of the country of registration.

There's a let-out for non -payment perhaps?

caziques
QUOTE (sarahg1969 @ Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 13:54) *
Unfortunately, we are using the same car to drive to France in three weeks' time. May have to bite the bullet and pay, much as it pains me sad.gif

Should be a separate thread. Bear in mind the French authorities have no way of ascertaining the Registered Keeper of a UK vehicle without checking with DVLA - which can't be done at the side of the road.
baroudeur
QUOTE (caziques @ Thu, 21 Mar 2019 - 19:50) *
QUOTE (sarahg1969 @ Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 13:54) *

Should be a separate thread. Bear in mind the French authorities have no way of ascertaining the Registered Keeper of a UK vehicle without checking with DVLA - which can't be done at the side of the road.

As they have already issued a penalty in respect of a specific car then IF the same car is stopped again on a subsequent visit the details may be linked to those from the outstanding offence.

So far, there has been nothing indicating that the French are targetting outstanding penalties on subsequent visits. However, as it seems that large numbers of penalty notices are now being sent out in English this new approach may be an effort to clamp down on foreign offenders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.