Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN never received, car impounded
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Catia
Hi guys,

Could I please have your opinion/help with this? A while ago I left my car parked in an area that used to be free of charge. I was waiting to raise some funds as it needed repairs. After a few weeks I realised my car was not there anymore, as some road works were being done at the location where I had left it. Trying to locate it online, I found out that it was impounded and the bill to collect it was already huge and even higher than the value of my car.

I never received a PCN or any notice from the pound, I called both the council and the pound and both said it was not their responsibility to announce me about the PCN or my car being impounded and that I was supposed to check on it online.

The thing is, knowing that I left it parked in a safe place, I checked on it only when it was too late…. sad.gif

My question is: is there any chance I can get some refund or compensation for my car, any chance I can challenge or make a complaint?

Thank you in advance,
Catia
stamfordman
So how long ago was the PCN and tow?

Go online to council, site and see what details there are concerning the contravention and dates.

What council is this?

But you have to pay to get the car back before you appeal.
hcandersen
To stress this point, you have to recover your vehicle first, there is no silver bullet available to otherwise compel the council to release the vehicle without payment.

Also advise us whether you are the registered keeper of the car and if your keeper details are up to date with DVLA NB. this is not the same as your driving licence, your car has a logbook(V5C) and you must keep these details up to date.

And what council and where did the roadworks take place? When was the car removed?
peterguk
QUOTE (Catia @ Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 14:52) *
The thing is, knowing that I left it parked in a safe place, I checked on it only when it was too late…. sad.gif

Where was this "safe place" you parked the car? Obviously not private land?

Not taxed? No MOT? How do you onkw the council did not put removal stickers on windscreen prior to it being taken away?
cp8759
QUOTE (Catia @ Mon, 18 Mar 2019 - 14:52) *
My question is: is there any chance I can get some refund or compensation for my car, any chance I can challenge or make a complaint?

If you pay to get the car back, you have a statutory right to appeal. If you don't, they will likely dispose of the car, and they can then take you to court for the outstanding storage charges (whether they would bother is another matter).

How much is owed at the moment, and how much is the car worth?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.