Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN for single line parking - child pick-up from school
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Travel_30
Hello,

it's probably a heard-before story but my wife has stopped on a single yellow for 5 minutes to pick up our 4-year old and when she got back, she saw the PCN on the windscreen.

Do you think there is any luck in appealing?
PASTMYBEST
Where is the school?
Travel_30
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 6 Mar 2019 - 14:02) *
Where is the school?

Please see attached. 2 min walk.
PASTMYBEST
OK so the boarding alighting exemption applies You are allowed time to collect a child as the could not safely make their own way to the vehicle but you are claiming an exemption so the onus is on you to show it applies. A note from the teachers stating the collection protocol would help
Travel_30
That's good news but what do you mean by "collection protocol"?

Additionally, is there a specific wording that I have to use for my appeal?
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Travel_30 @ Wed, 6 Mar 2019 - 16:13) *
That's good news but what do you mean by "collection protocol"?

Additionally, is there a specific wording that I have to use for my appeal?

do you have to go into the school to collect your child or do you wait at the gate
Travel_30
gotcha. I have to go in the school.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Travel_30 @ Wed, 6 Mar 2019 - 16:27) *
gotcha. I have to go in the school.

I'm being a bit slow here should have said sooner you will also have to explain picking up the child at 11.22 and offer some sort of proof doctors appointment etc
Travel_30
Erm.. there is no doctors appointment. Picked them up at 11:20 and took 4 minutes to go back to the car, just after the officer ticketed us.

Erm.. there is no doctors appointment. Picked them up at 11:20 and took 4 minutes to go back to the car, just after the officer ticketed us.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Travel_30 @ Wed, 6 Mar 2019 - 17:41) *

picking kids up from school is not usual is it, so explain why. not to us particularly but you will need to at tribunal
cp8759
Post a draft of your representations here before sending them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.