Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I in big trouble?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
BA1N
I have just been caught speeding doing 76 MPH on a 60 MPH road. I currently have 3 points on my license but I have another offense pending which is 85MPH on a 60MPH road. Am I going to get banned or am I safe?

The 3 points currently on my license are about to expire on the 21/03/2019 which is only a month away.
The Rookie
Points count at date of offence, so the ‘expiry’ would be of no relevance. That’s assuming by expiry you mean no longer count for totting (3 years) not when they are removed from your licence (4 years) there being no actual ‘expiry’ as such.

The latest offence will see a fixed penalty offered of 3 points £100, the 85 could well receive 6 points leaving you facing a 6 month totting ban (5 is a possibility) for which you can submit an ‘exceptional hardship’ plea to try and reduce the ban (potentially to zero).
Jlc
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 14 Feb 2019 - 06:33) *
...the 85 could well receive 6 points

That should also be a fixed penalty too?

QUOTE (BA1N @ Thu, 14 Feb 2019 - 01:37) *
The 3 points currently on my license are about to expire on the 21/03/2019 which is only a month away.

How long have you had your licence?
BA1N
by expire I mean it will be 3 years since the first points (March 21 2016)

I have had my license 6 years
Jlc
QUOTE (BA1N @ Thu, 14 Feb 2019 - 12:28) *
by expire I mean it will be 3 years since the first points (March 21 2016)

Ok, but just to reiterate - it's the date of the offence that's important in these matters. (So getting past the date of expiry doesn't necessarily help for some matters such as totting)
BA1N
so basically im ****** then
Jlc
QUOTE (BA1N @ Thu, 14 Feb 2019 - 12:46) *

No, I think you'll end up on 9 points temporarily. (And won't tot nor be revoked as you have had your licence over 2 years)
Logician
QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 14 Feb 2019 - 13:08) *
No, I think you'll end up on 9 points temporarily. (And won't tot nor be revoked as you have had your licence over 2 years)

+1

andy_foster

Only if "the Rookie" is working as a fixed penalty clerk...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.