Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need advice it took 125 days for my nip to come through
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sarah_31
hi
i was woundering if ne1 could help me i got a NIP on the 30/06/06 but the date i was caught speeding was the 25/02/06 it took 125 days to come through. i understand that my deatils werent registered to the dvla at the time i was caught. do you think this is unreasonable length of time and do i have a valid case?

thanx
Bluedart
QUOTE (sarah_31 @ Sat, 8 Jul 2006 - 20:09) *
hi
i was woundering if ne1 could help me i got a NIP on the 30/06/06 but the date i was caught speeding was the 25/02/06 it took 125 days to come through. i understand that my deatils werent registered to the dvla at the time i was caught. do you think this is unreasonable length of time and do i have a valid case?

thanx

Hi thanx,
do you think this is unreasonable length of time
They had to hunt you down first
do i have a valid case?

Give more details and I am sure you wil get the help you require.
sarah_31
i was regiseterd to the dvla on the 17/03/06 i was caught doing 80 in a 70 on the a449 llandenny by a mobile speed camera
anton
the speeding offence times out after 6 months
The original NIP would be deemed to have been correctly served on your registered address.
If you hold on to your new nip for 27 days from issue and reply by "special delivery" on 27.7.05 it will be delivered on the 28th. they will issue you with a fixed penalty with 28 days to pay (assuming your speed was not so bad to go strieght to summons)

even if they issued it the same day (28.7.06) the 28 days would time out on friday 25.8.06

they would be too late to issue a summons as that is the cut off date.
WTF
So make sure you return the NIP to the CC rather than the safety scum - that should waste a few extra days...

WTF
firefly
Sarah,

You have 28 days from the date of the NIP to respond. As anton has suggested, use every one of those days 'til day 27 and return your completed s.172 form.

You will then receive a conditional offer of a fixed penalty which gives you 28 days to accept. You will ignore this offer as it takes you over the 6-month threshold the authorities have to lay the information with the court.

Well done. Oh, and welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.