Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Money Box R4 on 'Parking fines - the good, the bad and the ugly'
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
stamfordman
Today at 3 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002549
oldstoat
seemed a fair job. John Wilkie aka bargepole came across well as did the Chief Adjudicator for the Council Appeal Service. The BPA chappy seemed to accept things were not great. Just wish they had spent more time on the IPC
bargepole
QUOTE (oldstoat @ Wed, 23 Jan 2019 - 18:48) *
John Wilkie aka bargepole came across well

Nothing to do with me.

I am not, and have never been, John Wilkie.
Redivi
That is correct
mickR
That begs the question... who is John wilkie evil7.gif evil7.gif evil7.gif ninja.gif
Redivi
Controversial part owner of Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Occasionally turns up on the forum for short periods under different usernames
SchoolRunMum
Any chance of closing this thread as the Radio show was used by a certain company for publicity.

Anyone seen their recent TrustPilot reviews and their 'replies'?

bargepole is not 'that person'.

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
3 Members: SchoolRunMum, BikerPaul, Redivi
softwaremad
Ha yes lol how could someone confuse Bargepole with that beast - And the trust pilot reviews are off the chart - i dont believe any other company has had such awful reviews and trust pilot themselves stepping in and saying the company operates outside of their rules and regulations.

Lol save the people from this company - send them off to europe post brexit
southpaw82
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Wed, 23 Jan 2019 - 19:53) *
Any chance of closing this thread as the Radio show was used by a certain company for publicity.

I’m not closing a thread because it contains a link to something that mentions PPA, no.
oldstoat
QUOTE (bargepole @ Wed, 23 Jan 2019 - 19:35) *
QUOTE (oldstoat @ Wed, 23 Jan 2019 - 18:48) *
John Wilkie aka bargepole came across well

Nothing to do with me.

I am not, and have never been, John Wilkie.

my humble apologies. I was sure I saw something in previous searches etc that linked bargepole to the name Wilkie. So sorry if that has caused offense
Mad Mick V
Same old, same old.

When will a proper journalist start asking the real questions that even the Select Committee shied away from in terms of the public parking regime?

When will both parts of the Adjudication Service integrate with the Government Legal Service since their current paymasters are the Councils?----there is an impartiality issue.

When will the Tribunals be given the remit to question Council honey-pots like Clapham Park Road where thousands of motorists are caught out each year. If that is the case why can't the Tribunal insist on better signage or a new road layout?

Why can't they delay or stop ill conceived schemes like the City's Bank Junction which has had problems from day one? They certainly have enough proper casework evidence to know there are serious issues.

If the Chief Adjudicators allow their lawyers to treat every case as separate and unique they are missing the big picture and are blinkered.

Why isn't there a Charter to give motorists more protection from money making, predatory Councils?

Such an uneven playing field calls for an independent Ombudsman with far reaching powers.

Never going to happen of course because the Government has failed to give Councils meaningful funding for years and this is a way to offset that loss of income---or am I being a cynic again?

Mick
southpaw82
QUOTE (Mad Mick V @ Thu, 24 Jan 2019 - 22:36) *
When will both parts of the Adjudication Service integrate with the Government Legal Service since their current paymasters are the Councils?----there is an impartiality issue.

Come again?
Mad Mick V
As I understand it the Tribunals are funded from the penalties which accrue to the Councils, x-amount per case.

The GLS on the other hand only works for Central Government.

Tribunals might get seconded staff and piggy back civil service recruitment programmes but I doubt the Chief Adjudicators have a need to report to the anyone within the Civil Service.

Perhaps the Civil Service Yearbook will prove me wrong.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.