Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Residents Permit bay suspended
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Chocky Chockster
I just got a PCN from Lambeth for 21r (parked wholly or partly in a suspended bay (residents bay)) because I parked in a suspended bay for which I usually have a permit. That is to say, I have a valid permit, but today the bay was suspended.

Click to view attachment

I can't say for sure when the suspension sign went up. I certainly didn't notice it when I parked there. I can't exactly recall when I parked there either but it was dark when I parked. There is a streetlight on the opposite side of the road.

Click to view attachment

Interestingly, the suspension sign appears to have been altered. If you look closely you can see that new details have been pasted over the original information. And if you look really closely you can see that the original start date was tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

So if I had seen the sign when it was originally put up I would have thought it started tomorrow, and would not reasonably be expected to keep checking in case it changed.

Is this worth pursuing?
stamfordman
Post the PCN and council pics.

Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like.

You have no idea if it was posted with a wrong date, but you can ask if the date was changed. Best bet is to ask when sign went up and ask for log of cars in bay at the time.
TigerRob
QUOTE (Chocky Chockster @ Fri, 4 Jan 2019 - 13:58) *
Interestingly, the suspension sign appears to have been altered. If you look closely you can see that new details have been pasted over the original information. And if you look really closely you can see that the original start date was tomorrow.

Looking closely it looks to me like the original date was 05/12/2018 (i.e. a month ago tomorrow)

I don't see this being a useful angle.

Show us all sides of the PCN so it can be checked for errors.

You didn't see the signs when you parked - so ask them when the signs were put up and whether your car was noted as present at that time in the suspension log.

Chocky Chockster
Here's the PCN.

As for asking Lambeth about when the sign went up and the log of cars, I've done that through their 'contact the parking team' form. If they don't reply inside the half price charge window, what do you recommend?
hcandersen
We need the location.

The notice for this location hasn't been altered, they've just reused the board which they do by simply replacing expired notices with new details for new suspensions. As others have pointed out, the board was last used for a suspension commencing 5 December.

Dead end, forget it.

cp8759
QUOTE (Chocky Chockster @ Fri, 4 Jan 2019 - 23:20) *
As for asking Lambeth about when the sign went up and the log of cars, I've done that through their 'contact the parking team' form. If they don't reply inside the half price charge window, what do you recommend?

On the last day, if you haven't heard back, just make an informal representation stating the sign wasn't there when you parked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.