Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Debt Collection Letter from ZZPS limited after not paying a parking ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
NO_ob
In September on the first day my car was left in the uni car park for about 45 minutes. I came out and had a parking ticket I didn't see any obvious signs stating parking wasn't allowed. I went and looked around the car park the next day and saw two small signs which are about 3 meters in the air way above head height so no wonder I missed them. I ignored the ticket and then received a letter sometime in November or October telling me to pay the parking ticket. The company who sent this was One Parking Solution. Today I received a letter from ZZPS Limited saying I need to pay £80 plus an administration fee of £70. This is ridiculous. I have just tried to appeal through their website but it says sorry the ticket cannot be found. Am I legally required to pay these fees? I ignored the previous letters as I was under the impression that parking tickets can only be enforced if they are from the council. What should I do just carry on ignoring them? I am not going to pay I'm a student I don't have this kind of money.

I have uploaded the letter I received today
SchoolRunMum
The company who sent this was One Parking Solution.
No worries about them, or about ZZPS, or about QDR Solicitor letters (connected to ZZPS).

What should I do just carry on ignoring them?

Yes, since you missed the chance to appeal to OPS and win at POPLA, as we would have told you to.
Redivi
Always ignore letters from ZZPS

Edit your post so that it doesn't give any clues to the identity of the driver
pcnsucks
I'm following this thread with interest as in similar situation apart from original letter from PCN Admin Centre ('a trading name of ZZPS Ltd') for allegedly overstaying 3hr free parking limit (no notice left on car).

Latest ZZPS letter says they will be passing to QDR Solicitors Ltd (with an extra £10 charge- first time i've been notified in advance of charge).

Should I still ignore? (and hope they will go away- rather naive advice?) Or perhaps ask for evidence?
Are the excessive admin charges enforceable if no prior notice of them was given? What are the chances of a good outcome?
Thanks in advance.
Redivi
Never ask for evidence

It implies that they're entitled to the payment if they can produce it

I'm struggling to think of a situation when you don't ignore ZZPS

It always depends on the exact situation but the chances of a good outcome are usually good

The trouble with the parking industry is that, once the account has been passed to ZZPS, it will never reach a conclusion within six years unless the parking company decides to issue a claim

Haven't seen any responses to my suggestion that motorists could force conclusions :

Issue a trivial claim for misuse of their details, leaving the company with the options of paying because it's not worth defending or counter-claim for the parking notice before it's ready
ostell
@pcnsucks Please follow the rules, one case one thread, and create your own thread if you are asking for advice. It only causes confusion if you hijack someone elses thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.