Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN issued, can't pay by phone, not recognised on web
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
redrumgalaxy
Afternoon,

last time I was here I had success in appealing a ticket.

I received the attached PCN on 15th November 18.

Can only pay online or by phone.

PCN not recognised on phone line, on web again no details, I cannot view the evidence they have and it states:

"The Penalty Charge Notice could not be found. Please check that you have not mistyped.
If the details are correct and the PCN was issued very recently then it is pending entry onto this system.
You can pay the amount owing now or you can search again at a later date."

There is an option to then make payment of only £25 but no option to appeal online (can be done at supplied address on rear of ticket).

When I press the pay button I am not able to pay or get taken to a payment screen. (Screen shots taken and saved.)

Because the ticket was issued over 14 days ago it should now be £50, but I have not paid as no information is being held? and I cant pay!

Do I just hope no further demand is made?

or

Do I pay nothing at the moment and appeal by letter on the basis that I have not been able to review the evidence held for the ticket, unable to make a payment so am unable to decide if I am liable or pay the early settlement of only 50%

thank you for any advice.......

Click to view attachment
DancingDad
I Assume, please correct if wrong...
PCN Number is entered correctly and you could not be mistaking a 1 for an I or 0 for O (or similar) ?
Same for Car Reg number?
That you haven't contacted council in any way on this ??
That you tried more then once to pay and have screenshots/phone records to prove this?
stamfordman
I remember you - did they get the car park right this time?

Can you email them about this, assuming as DD says all details are correct.

If they issue an NTO and their system accepts an appeal I would expect them to reoffer the discount.

Are you the keeper of car.
Incandescent
Rochford isn't a council we see very often on this forum, this may be the first time, (it is for me anyway). Some councils can be really backward, thick, and stupid and not having a postal payment option is very odd.

You need to contact the council asap to find out what you may be doing wrong, or if their system is defective. To appeal you'll need to key in the PCN Number, so will no doubt run up against the same problem as you had when trying to pay.
redrumgalaxy
Thanks for your support....

I am entering the number correctly as well as my reg, not recognised on phone line either

I haven't contacted Rochford yet,

I have tried to pay today,

Stamfordman: Yes they got the right car park this time...lol thanks for last time

I am the keeper of the car and I can write a letter of appeal to the address on the rear, but now fear I am outside 50% discount for prompt payment as cant pay.

Because its not recognised online I cannot appeal online and cant see the evidence

They don't have a phone number I can call them on
DancingDad
Couple of choices I see.
If you have records of trying to make payment within discount period and their system failure, a note, in writing may see them re-offer discount and if they do not, create an avenue to challenge on excess payment in the circumstances of the case once NTO arrives.
Or
Do nothing and see if an NTO arrives. No worse off then now and can still explain could not make payment. But less chance of winning or getting discount re-offered because of no contact. Option is viable though a gamble, if they have lost PCN in system, you will not get a NTO.
redrumgalaxy
Is there any additional costs ie admin, if I just sit and wait? Or is the NTO still only for the £50 just as it stands now?
nextdoor
QUOTE (redrumgalaxy @ Sat, 1 Dec 2018 - 13:25) *
Is there any additional costs ie admin, if I just sit and wait? Or is the NTO still only for the £50 just as it stands now?

No, just the full penalty ie £50
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.