Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
fingersxyz
I am new here and not sure if I have posted this correctly. To quickly summerise our vehicle was parked in Kinnoul Car park in Perth (Smart Parking). When we returned to our car the machine did not register our car reg. After trying several times it still did not register our car reg. Eventually we had to enter a time which we did and was asked to pay £2 which we did.
We have now received a PCN for £60. MY question is that, there was obviously a problem with us trying to pay. It also looks like our charge should probably been nearer to £4 but as this is the first time we have used this car park we were unsure. This was us leaving after a show in which there was a large queue of customers behind us getting somewhat irrate.
Could I contact them and offer to pay a more reasonable fee of say £30. If this is refused and they attempt to take us to court (which I actually doubt they would) would this not look bad for them at any court proceedings given the circumstances.
I should also note the receipt has been lost.
I can't actually recall who may have been driving the car.
Hope someone can help and I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place
Ollyfrog
Keep quiet about who was driving (Very important!) and don't contact them and offer anything. The experts will be on soon.
nosferatu1001
No, dont apologise and offer them money.

Do as above. We must not have ANY idea who drove, as PPCs monitor this forum and WILL use info against you if the ycan

You havent told us the reason THEY gave for issuing the notice

SMART often cancel when the MSE FORUM template (in BLUE) appeal is ued -> MSE FORUM -> Parking sub forum -> NEWBIES thread.
If not they then fold at POPLA.
bearclaw
Perth Scotland? Is the keeper also resident in Scotland?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.