Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yellow box junction. Second opinion please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mikeyranson
Making enquires for my son in law. He got caught in a yellow box junction in Sudbury, under richmond council control. I have seen the photos from the penalty (attached) where i believe that the box is non enforcable as the yellow box does not comply with TRSGD, as the corners of the yellow box are not touching the kerb and there are also breaks in the lines as due to the two man hole covers not being painted over. Would this be a viable point for appeal?

It also looks like it has been recently repainted as the google map image from April this year was faded quite badly.

He has already paid the fine but i understand that if the box is legally non enforcable you can make a claim as i have read councils have repaid fines from junctions that do not conform to TRSGD.

Google map link from April 2018 - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4137506,-...6384!8i8192

many thanks
BaggieBoy
Press the REPORT" button and ask a moderator to move it to the Council section of the forum.
mikeyranson
Thanks baggie. didnt realise.
peterguk
QUOTE (mikeyranson @ Wed, 28 Nov 2018 - 13:43) *
i believe that the box is non enforcable as the yellow box does not comply with TRSGD, as the corners of the yellow box are not touching the kerb and there are also breaks in the lines as due to the two man hole covers not being painted over. Would this be a viable point for appeal?

Nothing you mention is a point to appeal. Rules have changed. The box has to be "substantially compliant", and no more.

To be honest, that yellow box is in near perfect condition!
stamfordman
If paid case is closed. As Peter says, yellow box rules have changed to be less stringent.

I would put it behind you.
Neil B
+ both
mikeyranson
Thanks both.
appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.